Betreff: Want to re-use deleted character name

by bluecookie67

Original Post

Want to re-use deleted character name

★★★★★ Newbie

Hey, so I've placed myself within a very unique yet trivial situation that I cared just enough about to make this post; but I was wondering:
Is it possible to delete a character and then immediately make a new character within the same server utilizing the exact same name as the aforementioned deleted character?

(just in case it's pertinent information I'm f2p)

Essentially I created a character, came up with a name I really liked for them, loaded in and then immediately decided I wanted to change some things about their physicality; because my OCD demands I pay the toll to continue to play; so I then logged out and deleted them (F) and created an almost exact replica with some tweaks here and there but also wanting to use the exact same name as I had previously conceived. 
I was now finished this grueling and mundane task and thus prepared to jump back in and smashed that play button, to my disappointment have my entire parade immolated in a blaze that conflagrated more intensely than Anakin did on Mustafar... MFing name was unavailable despite the fact these are obviously grilled...
I closed the game and waited about half an hour to try again. No dice. 
And now here I am, paraphrasing my initial question: 

Is there any chance that the name will become available again for me to use within the same server on a new character
? or am I screwed and should just come up with something new and creative (fat chance) for, what is to be, essentially a now cheap clone of the original... 

I'll probs just name them 99... Odds are that name isn't available either thought too kek

Message 1 of 3 (466 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hey @bluecookie67 

As far as I know, characternames are directly re-available after you deleted the old one.

Do you still can't name a character like the deleted one?

Message 2 of 3 (411 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Sorry for taking so long to respond, got preoccupied.

No it still isn't working. It did not work a minute, an hour, and a week after I had deleted them.

Name is still unavailable... Which baffles me cause that to me can only mean someone has taken it the exact second I deleted my character which is implausible 

So I have no idea what's happening 

Message 3 of 3 (328 Views)