Need help solving connection issues

by F-offwithyournam

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need help solving connection issues

★★★ Newbie

Hey everyone,

I just returned to the game after having been away for a couple of years. I started playing again today and I seem to be having extreme connection issues. I randomly disconnect but usually within 15 minutes of starting to play. Sometimes even straight away. There seems to be no pattern in this.

I've seen quite a few posts saying I should try to use pinglotter to see where the Issue is. I tried that but I can't get it to work. Some posts said you could find the server ip with the netsat command, but command prompt does not recognize that command. If you want the information from pingplotter I will need your help to solve that as well Standard smile

I even tried one of the other servers, (My characters are on Darth Malgus) I tried Tulak Hord but same result. I haven't tried the amercian ones, maybe that is different in the end. 

The past few days I was able to play other online games with no issues, so I am assuming it is not a computer issue. 

Can anyone help me make the game playable again? I would love to be able to play it again, but for now my motivation is gone. Will call my ISP tomorrow maybe they can help.

I hope someone can help.

Message 1 of 4 (493 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Need help solving connection issues

@F-offwithyournam 

If Playing wireless , try direct connected to the modem 

as to pingplotter , set it to graph to 8.8.8.8 and have it running when you try to play and see if the graph changes 

netstat isnt really needed at this point, but if you do the command prompt needs to be running as administrator or it wont work

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (482 Views)

All Replies

@F-offwithyournam 

If Playing wireless , try direct connected to the modem 

as to pingplotter , set it to graph to 8.8.8.8 and have it running when you try to play and see if the graph changes 

netstat isnt really needed at this point, but if you do the command prompt needs to be running as administrator or it wont work

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 2 of 4 (483 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks, setting it to graph 8.8.8.8 worked to figure out what was happening. Managed to fix the settings of the router with my ISP.

Message 3 of 4 (451 Views)

@F-offwithyournam 

great to hear it is sorted 

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 4 of 4 (443 Views)