Re: Login Rewards Feedback: Please reconsider one of them.

by LeMerSud

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Login Rewards Feedback: Please reconsider one of them.

★ Apprentice

I am no longer subscribed so I cannot offer feedback on the PTS forum but I wanted to give a specific piece of feedback on the login rewards program. The staff post on the PTS forum today indicates that purple sparkle powder will be included in the login rewards for everyone. 

I understand that for many people this is a fun thing. However it also presents a danger to some people w/disabilities such as seizure disorders and susceptibility to visual disturbances because the sparkles are constant flashing lights. At best this can be distracting. At worst it can cause seizures and headaches. 

I can avoid areas in the game known to have rapid flashing lights such as the Black Talon bonus boss. However I cannot avoid other players or stop them from throwing sparkles with flashing lights at me at any time. Yes, I can remove the buff, but that's after they've already thrown the sparkles and they have started flashing. 

I know that the sparkles can already be purchased in-game, but they are not so easily available to everyone as they will be now. 

Alternatively: Please consider allowing players to buy a buff or a Legacy perk that will reject anything thrown at them (sparkles, food, snowballs). 

Message 1 of 5 (733 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

@LeMerSud Thank you so much for your feedback regarding the visuals of the Sparkle Powder in SW:TOR!

Your post reached the team and I am happy to inform you that we took a look at all available Sparkle Powders. 

With one of the upcoming Updates, the Sparkle Powders will receive a reworked new visual effect which is retroactively applied. 

I am sorry for the late reply, I wanted to wait for confirmation on the change before making any promises. 

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (598 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

This is a very valid concern. If you are okay with it, I'll gladly send it in with my monthly report from the community directly to Dev Team.

Let me know either way Standard smile

Message 2 of 5 (703 Views)

★ Apprentice

@IllevaGaming  for some reason I didn't get a notification about your response so I am sorry I missed it. Yes, please, if it's not too late I'd appreciate any help bringing this to the devs' attention. Thank you. 

Message 3 of 5 (670 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

@LeMerSud Thank you so much for your feedback regarding the visuals of the Sparkle Powder in SW:TOR!

Your post reached the team and I am happy to inform you that we took a look at all available Sparkle Powders. 

With one of the upcoming Updates, the Sparkle Powders will receive a reworked new visual effect which is retroactively applied. 

I am sorry for the late reply, I wanted to wait for confirmation on the change before making any promises. 

Message 4 of 5 (599 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Habutai  thank you so much. I really appreciate that you have let me know and that the team is working for a change to keep players safer. 

Message 5 of 5 (563 Views)