Email associated with account has been deleted, can't get one time password

by aviacs

Original Post

Email associated with account has been deleted, can't get one time password

★ Novice

After taking some time off from the game I recently decided to re-download and try to get back into it. When trying to login it states I need a one time password for verification on the unrecognized computer. The problem is, yahoo mail deletes counts for inactivity after 12 months time, and becomes permanently unrecoverable after 90 day grace period. After numerous calls to yahoos paid support line the gist of it is that after it gets deleted in this fashion they permanently lock the associated username. This means the account can't be recovered and the username can't be used under a new account to get the one time verification to access my SWTOR account. 

I'm kind of at a loss right now. I have had this account since shortly after launch, I have DLC purchased on it, and spent quite a bit of money in subscriptions. I have access to receipts for all the subscriptions I'd paid for, I have the right password/username, I just don't have the email. There has to be SOMETHING that can be done to get into my old account? I can go as far as to give the names/levels/classes of some of my characters. 

Message 1 of 6 (753 Views)

Re: Email associated with account has been deleted, can't get one time password

Champion

Hey there! I'd suggest calling BioWare support and seeing what they can do to help you in this case. I hope your issue gets resolved!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 6 (742 Views)

★ Novice

After three attempts on the phone I've been getting stonewalled from both Yahoo and SWTOR support. Yahoo says there's no way they'd allow me to create an account under the same username or get back into the account after deactivation, SWTOR says the only possible way to verify is via email. It's quite the unfortunate scenario, was hoping somebody on the forums might have some ideas. 

Message 3 of 6 (724 Views)

@aviacs 

Afraid not , if it is any consolation all the expansions are granted now with a 30 day subscription, if you subscribe at present you will get the nautolan race for free and as you would be a subscriber on oct 22nd you will also get the onslaught expansion as well.

https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20190827

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 4 of 6 (719 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im having the same issue. im afraid that i wont ever be able to play ea games due to this issue. its saying i need a password change for me to play the games i want. is it possible to create another ea account under the same console account that has my old ea account on?

Message 5 of 6 (573 Views)

@Alexjones139 

For the swtor account it is not possible to change the EA linked account

have you tried to regain access to the EA account ? see https://help.ea.com/en-au/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/

otherwise if you mean the email on the swtor account, give swtor support a call when the lines open and they can assist you further

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 6 of 6 (562 Views)