Re: Can't Retrieve Server List

by Belgorad

Original Post

Can't Retrieve Server List

★★ Newbie

The game launches fine, but server list never shows up. 

Message 1 of 5 (3,541 Views)

Hero

Couple of things you can try that I've seen done.  Not sure which will work but try these:

Delete the DiskCacheArena file under the swtor directory.

If that doesn't work, you can also try running a repair:

Non-Streaming launcher - Log into the launcher but don't click Play. Check for small letters "ST" in the bottom left corner. If this is NOT present, click the cog icon and then run the repair option.

Streaming launcher - If the letters "ST" is present, close the launcher, right mouse click on the game shortcut, select open file location and delete the BitRaider folder. Then start the launcher.

Also try adding swtor.exe, launcher.exe to your anti-virus / firewall safe list as well.

The above are steps posted by EA as well as other users from the forums

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 5 (3,511 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Similar issues here. I was logged in just fine then kicked to the server select list, which was empty. Quit the game and tried to relog, but the launcher gave error message "The login service is unavailable." Tried to log in again a few minutes later and it brought up the server list, which was populated this time, but each time I tried to log into any server I received an error message saying something about a connection error.

Message 3 of 5 (3,499 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having this same problem, and I know it's not my end.

Message 4 of 5 (3,493 Views)

Hero

If your receiving that error message, they have steps in the common issues thread to fix:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/INFO-Common-Issues-and-Solutions/m-p/4832481/hig...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 5 of 5 (3,466 Views)