Can SWTOR come on console

by Zeluse14

Original Post

Re: Can SWTOR come on ps4

★★ Novice
I've been hoping for this since my gaming pc broke down years ago and couldn't afford a new one.
I was addicted to playing this game.

I just picked up Dragon Age last week and thought the same thing as the poster.
Message 11 of 61 (4,343 Views)

★★★ Novice

I might be late to the post but just wanted to say thank you EA for making my favorite games. Now  as for TOR I think all the nay sayrs are wrong when they try and use a controller doesn't have enough inputs excuse. I played WoW and yes raided with a controller without much problems. Look at how FF14 did it look at how STO is doing it now. If EA decided to bring TOR to console I for one would be all over it and plenty of my friends would aswell. Not to mention it should help Bioware and EA bring in lots more money. So I beg of you (EA) pls make it happen. Standard smile

Message 12 of 61 (4,331 Views)

@Hud_Hutt wrote:

I might be late to the post but just wanted to say thank you EA for making my favorite games. Now  as for TOR I think all the nay sayrs are wrong when they try and use a controller doesn't have enough inputs excuse. I played WoW and yes raided with a controller without much problems. Look at how FF14 did it look at how STO is doing it now. If EA decided to bring TOR to console I for one would be all over it and plenty of my friends would aswell. Not to mention it should help Bioware and EA bring in lots more money. So I beg of you (EA) pls make it happen. Standard smile

I'm an avid raider in SWTOR and I also play games on my Xbone and PS4 and frankly there  aren't enough button inputs to raid in SWTOR on console and still have access to all of your abilities or do the rotations for many classes. I am a HM progression raid healer and I personally use more than the 12 buttons on the side of my mouse in each raid so there's no way to port SWTOR to console without oversimplfiying the game to the point of not having a similar experience as one has on PC.  I also play ESO on both PC and console, and PC has been adversely impacted by console limitations regarding control schemes since launch due to Zenimax planning for the controller audience (I've used MKB and gamepad due to being multiplatform). So on ESO PC we are stuck with the same face and bumper buttons number limitations that consoles have which means that we can't use the majority of our skills that would come in handy during raids on ESO PC. If SWTOR was limited in that way, what is left of the post 5.0 player base would riot and leave en masse.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 13 of 61 (4,308 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sorry but I don't agree. FF14 has almost as many abilities as SWTOR again ppl raid no problem. Second Have you heard of WoW console port if not give it a try thats the only way I play WoW now. And lastly I raid in SWTOR using pinnacle game profiler and able to assign up to 30 abilities using L2 and R2 as shifts. I can see healing being a problem do to the mechanics of point and click but if worked on it can get fixed for cpnsole.

Message 14 of 61 (4,244 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I would love to see Star Wars The Old Republic on PS4 and Xbox One. I love the game and would love to see it on my favorite systems
Message 15 of 61 (4,138 Views)

★★ Novice
I understand that there are major complications about moving star wars the old republic to consoles but, I can either afford a computer or a console, not to mention the graphic card to go with it, and last of all, I was so bummed out that kotor ended and went to pc. So many people would be so excited to see another kotor or the old republic go to console. You really don't think the effort would be worth it? Or make a nother damn star wars rpg for consoles! Why has that Not been done or being done? Wtf?! Kotor was so fun and successful. Why are you keeping this from us?!????
Message 16 of 61 (4,118 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I agree that it would be a lot of work, however, i was a massive fan of swtor back in the days of TAB targeting, but i thinl times have moved on and people are more action orientated. With the release of Battlefront 2 I would love to see a complete redesign of swtor for combat in the style of battlefront 2, that would be mint. I know it'd be expensive and time consuming but i think its an investment worth doing as a lot of people love the old lore of the republic and the old sith etc.

Thoughts and ideas on the concept??
Message 17 of 61 (3,935 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
Look guys, while it would be amazing to play this game on console, it's literrally impossible. I use non less than 46 buttons to play, It's a brains suicide to try to do that.

It's EA's job to get XBOX games on PC actually, it would be easier... But for as long as people will buy consoles, they won't.
Message 18 of 61 (3,909 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's an interesting idea and one they should have thought of from the start.  Unfortunately, EA isn't putting huge amounts of money into SWTOR.  They merged NA into two servers that aren't mega servers. They put both servers in one data center in VA.  The game is in decline and EA doesn't seem willing to spend the money it would take to do anything about it.  I expect the game will run until EA doesn't care about saying they have a SW MMO and then they'll shut it down in typical EA fashion.

Message 19 of 61 (3,888 Views)

★★ Novice
Is Star Wars the old republic coming to Xbox one? I know a lot people that would like to play it on Xbox one and would like to know??
Message 20 of 61 (3,878 Views)