stuck on darth vader install minigame for ps4

by luongownage

Original Post

Re: stuck on darth vader install minigame for ps4

★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry I have the same issue as @pksNoB . I have tried deleting all files related to battlefront one and disconnecting from the internet and everything but to no avail. I went through this thread and tried everything. I talked to ea help on live chat and they could not figure out what was wrong. Ive power cycled, redownloaded updates, left the minigame running for hours (several times), rebuilt the database, restored licenses, deleted all battlefront files off my external harddrive and am now installing this directly into system storage. Nothing has worked and I am extremely frustrated. I paid full price for this game on release but was never able to play online with it. Now I am able to play online and even try out the vr mission but I cant actually get past the vader minigame to do it. I have been trying for three days now. what do i do
Message 61 of 66 (1,035 Views)

Community Manager

@tigbofm 

Were you able to get the game going by installing it to the internal drive with the external drive detached? I've seen that fix this for others.

Blueberry.png
Message 62 of 66 (1,002 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry I tried that for about 36 hours (i did the power cycling, rebuilding database, etc. basically repeated all the fixes suggested) and it didnt work. the longest the vader minigame ran was for about seven hours this time. The deluxe edition was on sale for 5$ for ps4 so i just bought that and it worked. i checked the disc and it looked good as new so maybe it was the disc drive that was messed up? but it ran and installed the nathan drake games today so idk what the problem was. changing to a digital copy seemed to solve my problem even though i did have to pay for it, which im fine with doing given the low price and also the inclusion of all the dlcs i didnt get to play
Message 63 of 66 (981 Views)

★★★ Guide
@tigbofm Just need to get them to remove it, just have an install loading screen. Or something that overrides whats going on. I enjoy killing rebel scum as the Dark Lord as much as the next guy, but I'm pretty sure I got the gist of it back in 2015...
Message 64 of 66 (943 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ive already done that and it didnt work and it takes 6hrs to download

Message 65 of 66 (718 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Star Wars: Battlefront please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 66 of 66 (644 Views)