Re: star wars battlefront logitech joystick

by LlamaWithKatana

Original Post

star wars battlefront logitech joystick

★★ Newbie

Will it be possible to use a Logitech joystick in the new Star Wars: Battlefront (PC)?

Message 1 of 6 (3,968 Views)

★★★ Pro

Some people say that they tested controllers in beta and they were fine. In other case you always can use Xpadder.

Message 2 of 6 (3,923 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have looked everywhere for this answer too. I cannot find any. trying to fly with a mouse is near imposable. I have never used a console game machine so I have zero experience with game controllers.

Message 3 of 6 (3,855 Views)

Hero

The game supports controller with Xinput, such as the Xbox 360 controller. Check if your Logitech controller has Xinput support.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 6 (3,850 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have managed to "successfully" use my Logitech joystick for flight mode maps in the game (PC version). It's a pretty old model, the Logitech Freedom 2.4 Cordless one, which worked great with most modern flying games. The only drawback is I use my keyboard and joystick to fly in the game.

Here's how I did it (1-4 are initial steps):

1. Install and run the latest version of Logitech's Profiler application (I currently use V5.10.127).

2. Create a new profile for SWBF.

3. Map the buttons as you require (NB! see notes at the end).

4. Create a shortcut to the game within the profiler.

5. Open Origin. Open the Profiler application. The order here is not important.

6. Launch the game through the Profiler's shortcut.

7. Go blast some Imps / Rebel Scum!

***NOTES***

I say "successfully" because of the below problems (with my workarounds). The joystick itself, lock button (Button 2 default) and trigger worked fine. Even the joystick's Twist feature worked well with the "strafing" of T-47 Speeders & Speeder Bikes.

* Mapping the secondary weapon was near impossible and did not work on buttons 7 to 10. Sometimes the weapon would fire and sometimes not. I did not try mapping to any of the other buttons. Even trying to assign the spacebar (within key bindings in the game) caused the same issue. I resorted to mapping (within key bindings in the game) to the number 3 key, top line, for the secondary weapon.

* The throttle control has to be mapped within the Profiler. Create and edit an axis assignment here. I used Keystroke W & Keystroke S for Throttle Forward & Backward respectively. I had a much older version of the Profiler and this did not work, so ensure you have the latest one as mentioned.

* Even with the throttle working on the joystick, I use the keyboard to throttle back and forth because it's just easier for me to reach the button for the secondary weapon.

* Create a new POV assignment with only the North direction assigned to Keystroke F2.

* Buttons 3, 4, 5, & 6 were assigned to Keystroke 1, Keystroke 2, Keystroke F1 & Keystroke F3 respectively. The only issue I've had with this so far is that "sometimes" using the POV North will also activate either Keystroke 1 or keystroke 3. It's not perfect, I know, but way better than nothing and I just haven't tried testing other mapping variations.

I haven't explained how to create new Keystrokes etc. within in the Profiler, but it's pretty straight forward to do. I've also attached my Profiler profile settings if you wish to try it.

That's it! Hopefully this makes sense and will help. Maybe you'll have better luck without the above issues and only need to use the joystick.

Sorry for the long potato; here's a post. Standard smile

Good hunting!

Message 5 of 6 (3,834 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm sorry but where is the attachement? I would love to try it!

Message 6 of 6 (2,963 Views)