dxgi error device removed

★ Novice

bf3, bf4 and swbf:

dxgi error device removed

tnx ea :eahigh_file:

Message 1 of 6 (4,017 Views)

Re: dxgi error device removed

★ Novice

Having this problem too,  updated to the latest driver, it ran once on fullscreen, played an entire match but it crashed at the end during EXP distribution.   wouldnt start again after wards, restarted my computer twice and still no luck

DirectX Error:

DirectX function "screen->m_swapChain->ResizeBuffers(settings->getTripleBufferingEnable() 3 : 2, screen->m_info.windowWidth, screen ->m_info.windowHeight, DXGI_FORMATR8G8B8A8_UNORM, DXGI_SWAP_GHAIN_FLAG_ALLOW_MODE_SWITCH)" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED ("the video card has been physically removed from the system, or a driver upgrade for the video card has occured. ") GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M ", Driver: 3580. this error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing;try installing the latest drivers, also make sure you have a supported graphics card with at least 2GB

could this be a fullscreen problem? direct x problem?  im using a laptop so theres no way my video card can be physically removed :L

Message 2 of 6 (3,997 Views)

★★ Novice

I get this as soon I as I try to start the game.  After hitting enter it tries to load the main screen and dies.   Something about it is crashing the display driver.   Crysis 3 players had this endlessly.  If you have an overclocked GPU they are blaming it on that.   If I lower my card down to 700 from 880 sometimes it will load to the main screen but almost immediately it will start artifacting.  Wont load a game at all.  I've tried resetting my drivers, downclocking the gpu, overvolting it, undervolting it.  No other game has problems but this one.   If its using cryengine or some part of it we'll never get past this error.

Message 3 of 6 (3,977 Views)

★ Novice

getting exactly the same,

PC

i7 3770k

gtx770 2gb

and ddr3 8gb

win7 64x

(bf4 is running smooth)

Message 4 of 6 (3,952 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm getting the same thing.

@warmacha wrote:

Having this problem too,  updated to the latest driver, it ran once on fullscreen, played an entire match but it crashed at the end during EXP distribution.   wouldnt start again after wards, restarted my computer twice and still no luck

DirectX Error:

DirectX function "screen->m_swapChain->ResizeBuffers(settings->getTripleBufferingEnable() 3 : 2, screen->m_info.windowWidth, screen ->m_info.windowHeight, DXGI_FORMATR8G8B8A8_UNORM, DXGI_SWAP_GHAIN_FLAG_ALLOW_MODE_SWITCH)" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED ("the video card has been physically removed from the system, or a driver upgrade for the video card has occured. ") GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M ", Driver: 3580. this error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing;try installing the latest drivers, also make sure you have a supported graphics card with at least 2GB

could this be a fullscreen problem? direct x problem?  im using a laptop so theres no way my video card can be physically removed :L

Message 5 of 6 (3,939 Views)

★ Novice
Found the reason and a fix!

It's due to the most recent nvidia driver update, the supposedly "built for battlefront" version, well that's what it was for me.

Fix: roll back your graphics driver in the device manager, and download the update before the most recent one in nvidia.com/driver

No more crashing for me! Standard smile
Message 6 of 6 (3,933 Views)