by iTz-i-AdAm-x

Original Post

Re: 'You are not allowed to access online features'

★★★★★ Newbie

But how do i log in mupy account on xbox one

Message 71 of 80 (2,917 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Look, dude, it's not just EA's reasoning. There's something called the COPPA law, which prevents children under the age of 13 in the US (varying other ages in other countries) from accessing certain online features, and that's due to safety. Do you really want some guy calling your kid a ****** on Battlefield? If you want to rag on someone, rag on the COPPA law, not EA. 

Message 72 of 80 (2,841 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

COPPA laws have nothing to do with access, don't let them feed you that line.  It only has to do with information collection of children under 13.  Further, and especially important, it allows parent's consent.  On the XBOX, Microsoft already trivially allows parental consent.

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/complying-coppa-frequently-asked-questions

Edit: Some bad grammar.

Message 73 of 80 (2,790 Views)

★★★ Newbie
To change bday on live:

Sign in to Your info on the Microsoft account website.
Select Edit your personal info.
Change your birthdate, and select Save.
Message 74 of 80 (2,640 Views)

★★★ Newbie
So true, same problem with me
Message 75 of 80 (2,128 Views)

★★★★ Novice
its 2018 and this is still a problem and they are still blaming COPA , and I dont live in the US. its absolutely amazing that every others games company seems to be able to cope with the fact that I as a parent can judge what my children can do and in fact the granular settings supplied by xbox are so much better than the only option EA are offering, which is to change by childs setting ti full adult
Message 76 of 80 (1,777 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you 

Message 77 of 80 (1,647 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

thank u so much it has been a long hassel trying to get this to work

Message 78 of 80 (1,028 Views)

★ Novice

try changing your age in ea and microsoft. then try pressing Y to connect to the internet in the game. try that repeatedly untill you can connect. OR you can try signing in to a diffrent ea game after changing your age in ea and microsoft then once you sign in in a diffrent ea game go back to battle front and try again.

Message 79 of 80 (791 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

for Account issues it's not something we can help with on AHQ and something you need to reach out to our game advisors on EA support.

How to get in contact with EA support:
https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
https://twitter.com/EAHelp

/Atic
Message 80 of 80 (746 Views)