'You are not allowed to access online features'

by iTz-i-AdAm-x

Original Post

Re: 'You are not allowed to access online features'

★★★ Novice

Getting the same problem here on XBOX one. I can access all the online features, but my 3 kids cannot get online at all....

Message 21 of 80 (3,325 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

My nephew had the same problem today on PS4.He doesn't have an EA account yet.

We were checking the menus of the game & the unlocks.We were checking the emotes & oops! Lost connection with PSN & EA.

Then a message appeared:"you don't have access-screenshot recorded & thank you for playing SWBF" !!!

WTH? Is it necessary to make an EA account to play the game? I have one for me & i don't have any issues at all so far.

My nephew is not interested to join the forum or the companion app.He just wants to play the game online.

Message 22 of 80 (3,324 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok so it has take me all of the hours I've been awake since yesterday, but I have managed to sort it so that my son can play online.

The issue was that he did not have an EA origin account. So I set that up for him, and it still didn't work. I then realised that his EA account and his Xbox live account were not link. So I had to download the Origin client for my Mac (PC also available), and log in as him, then on the tool bar at the top of the screen click the 'show friends list' tab, then click search for friends, when the search box comes up there is an option to import friends from your chosen console. this will then connect the 2 accounts. And hey presto show work. 

Also note that I have his DOB as over 18 when I created his account.

I hope what I have said makes sense and will work for you guys.

Think I am now the wolds best dad, serious brownie points ;-)

I got a lot of the info from here, so may explain more than I have. http://help.ea.com/en/article/origin-faq/#A

Good Luck

M

Message 23 of 80 (3,317 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

^^

Cant believe I was signed in on my sons account still so he gets the credit, if anybody else gets this to work. 😂

M

Message 24 of 80 (3,309 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got it to work for my son by logging into my Microsoft account and changing his date of birth.  

Message 25 of 80 (3,283 Views)

Message 26 of 80 (3,265 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi iam jared it wont let me Sign in on my Ea  plz email me at [edit: email address removed] i have it on the ps4 

Message 27 of 80 (3,248 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same exact issues- my sons setting allows him to play any other game online but for some reason not this one-  my account works just fine.  Has there been any news regarding a fix? 

Message 28 of 80 (3,241 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This really stinks!

I bought this game for my 10 year old son today and he also couldn't play it.

I've had to access his Microsoft account and change his birthdate, then download an Origin App to a PC, register for an Origin account (with another false birthdate) and then find a friend to link his XBOX Live, 360 and One accounts.

What a pile of * to play an Xbox game. Did anyone test this!?!

Message 29 of 80 (3,194 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Still doesn't work

Message 30 of 80 (3,187 Views)