'You are not allowed to access online features'

by iTz-i-AdAm-x

Original Post

Re: 'You are not allowed to access online features'

★★★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue with my son... I can log in fine under my name and play... but when he goes to log in under his name, no online content allowed... I have all his settings so he is not restricted at all.  He can play any other game online.  EA doesn't seem to be any help.  It did this in beta as well.... I was hoping when the new game came out, it would be fixed....  I hope they fix this soon....  I even created his own ea account, but don't know how to link it to his gamer tag... till then, he is playing under my name... but he wants to play under his own name....

Please look into this, and if anyone knows how to fix it, please post....

Message 11 of 80 (22,244 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing exactly.  Fix this EA

Message 12 of 80 (22,239 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same issue on PS4 3 hours now to gain access still no solution.

Message 13 of 80 (22,235 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue here..  I just spent hour on phone with xbox, and its clearly and EA problem.  In my case it appears they are reading my age incorrectly and flagging me as too young. No one seems to know how to fix this issue.  Anything EA related I can't play online now.  

Message 14 of 80 (22,218 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Exact same issue on Xbox One.

When I started the game for myself and my son, it made me create an EA account for both of us. Why?  Did not have to do so for Titanfall.  

When I created his account, it was already flagged as a child account and made me verify his account via email.  Now, how do I check his EA account online?  EA login requires an email address as the username, but, his account was created with an EA ID with my email address used to verify.  When I type in my email and his password, I can't log in.  If I log into my account, I do not see his account as a connected account.  SO........how do I check to see if the issue is on EA's end?  Is there an EA account setting to give permission for an underage child to play online?  He can play Titanfall online without issues.

Xbox Live settings are correct and he is permitted to play online.  Did EA think that only adults would want to play online and that the kids would stand there watching?

What is the fix other than EA telling us to "Make sure you're playing on an account registered to a user of-age and try again."?

Message 15 of 80 (22,204 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Okay, finally fixed it.  If no one has a problem with changing the birthday of there children to make them older, but that is what has to be done or wait and see if EA fixes this.  The problem lies in when you created your childs Microsoft account, you put in their birthday and that is what is being used as a check to see if they have access to the content or not.  It doesn't matter what xbox parental settings you have.  If your Microsoft account has your childs birthday as this day, then that is the check.  You can edit it by signing into your Microsoft account, then under security and privacy, you will see manage permissions for children.  Under this, you can edit there profile including birthday. 

Now I do not recommend doing this unless you really don't care, because it basically will make them an adult in the online world.  But I checked it and it does work.  The only other thing I had to do was sign onto his ea account (origin client) and make sure it was linked to his xbox one live profile.  Once that was done, I can log into the game under his name and play multiplayer and everything else...  I know it sounds confusing, but it works....  as long as the emails are the same between ea (origin) and the one you use for his Microsoft account....

Message 16 of 80 (22,194 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

how old did you have to say that your child is? 18?  I hope not.  Why can't EA just use the Xbox user account setting for "my child can play online games"!!!  Come on EA, you really need to play nice with the OS you are deploying your games on!

Message 17 of 80 (22,141 Views)

★★★ Newbie

we are having exactly the same problem.  all other EA games no issue, and I can log in but he cannot.  this is very frustrating for a $70 game we essentially can't play.

Message 18 of 80 (22,103 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes same problem here, just spent the last 2hrs with xbox support, resetting this, changing that, and no good, both DOB's on Microsoft and EA show he is over 18, but if I check his xbox live subscription, this shows that he doesn't have his own, (because he uses the family one) so because it doesnt show one EA are stopping him log on. It is surely a simple fix, the code is checking the wrong place for a valid subscription link, as he plays on every other multiplayer game fine using his account.

come on EA sort it quick.

xx

Message 19 of 80 (22,098 Views)

★★★ Novice

i have this problem as well
ive opened and port forwarded all of the ports mentioned for pc and it still didnt work...

Message 20 of 80 (22,068 Views)