This game

by woodsong32

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

This game

★★★ Apprentice

I plan on getting either this in the form of the Ultimate Edition, NFS Payback, or Battlefield 3 sometime in the future. I know that most of DLCs (excluding the free Jakku DLC) did indeed come off as overpriced to many, but I'm curious as to how it plays overall. When did this game's last official update come out? I know that EA Battlefront II's last update was on late April, but when did This one's last update come? At least it never had the lootbox stuff that EA Battlefront 2 had for a while...

Message 1 of 8 (746 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: This game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@woodsong32If your buying this game recommend the console. You can still find matches of the main game modes. You can play cargo, blast, walker assault, & Heroes vs villians just fine still the other modes I don't know.

However for DLC they happen at different times of the day or different days. Depends on the timezone though you can usually find a match of outer rim easily or bespin if you somehow dont find a match try again later. But garuntee you can find one of the dlc actives a day at a certain time.

Like last night played the bespin dlc for a good hour & when I left to go to bed it was still populated. So for the DLC it depends on the time but like I said you can play the other modes I listed above just fine on console.

So if you have a ps4 or xbox get the game on there I personally have a ps4 so don't know how active it is on xbox anymore (used to have a xbox before switching to ps4)

Also if you get the game on PC be prepared to run into hackers & modders (I have no idea if it's as bad as the other person posted but it's recommended to report them). If you play it on PC & don't want to to play online there is single player content. Which is skirmish & missions. 

Skirmish you can play walker assault & fighter squadron offline against the AI/computer (also comes with 3 difficulty settings, online co-op, or splitscreen).

For Missions you have the tutorial that teaches you how to play the game & use it's various mechanics in unique specially made missions. hero or solider missions (you play pretty much kill confirmed from call of duty except it's star wars lol) you collect holocrons dropped by the enemy AI you defeat, who ever grabs the most first wins, & then you have survival which is pretty much horde mode & survive all the waves thrown at you (though only 15 waves).

All the content in missions except for the tutorial ones (I think) can be played in online co-op or split screen

Edit: also for the last update I believe it was in feburary of 2017 to address some skirmish issues & as far as I know this game never had lootboxes.

Also for battlefront 2 all the loot boxes are gone in favor of a leveling up system & cosmetics. The more you level up you can spend skill points & level up cards that unlock as you level up. Also cosmetics is all you can buy in battlefront 2

Edit 2: I have no idea why this post keeps getting deleted. 

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (621 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice

Hey, Anyone willing to weigh in on this?

Message 2 of 8 (698 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Mate, do NOT buy this game. EA abandoned it years ago and it has been hacked to pieces. I've just quit a game with five hackers on one side. It's beyond me how they can legally sell a game they know is now unplayable. There is no option to do anything about cheats that you will find in other games, and the hackers openly mock EA because they know nothing will be done to stop them. 

Have a look through this forum, there may still be some posts on hackers, but EA delete most of them.

Do NOT waste your money on this!

Message 3 of 8 (679 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

...to give you an example I just tried again and joined a Walker Assault game which hadn't been going for long. I spawned in and died within seconds along with three or four others around me. The hacker had already clocked up over 60 kills, not by playing the game but by simply spraying across the map using an aim-bot with a damage hack and you have no defence against this at all. Every game is like this now, so I repeat do NOT buy this game giving this disgraceful company your money.

Message 4 of 8 (662 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic

Why don't you explain to him how your wonderful anti-cheat system works?

Message 5 of 8 (655 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@woodsong32If your buying this game recommend the console. You can still find matches of the main game modes. You can play cargo, blast, walker assault, & Heroes vs villians just fine still the other modes I don't know.

However for DLC they happen at different times of the day or different days. Depends on the timezone though you can usually find a match of outer rim easily or bespin if you somehow dont find a match try again later. But garuntee you can find one of the dlc actives a day at a certain time.

Like last night played the bespin dlc for a good hour & when I left to go to bed it was still populated. So for the DLC it depends on the time but like I said you can play the other modes I listed above just fine on console.

So if you have a ps4 or xbox get the game on there I personally have a ps4 so don't know how active it is on xbox anymore (used to have a xbox before switching to ps4)

Also if you get the game on PC be prepared to run into hackers & modders (I have no idea if it's as bad as the other person posted but it's recommended to report them). If you play it on PC & don't want to to play online there is single player content. Which is skirmish & missions. 

Skirmish you can play walker assault & fighter squadron offline against the AI/computer (also comes with 3 difficulty settings, online co-op, or splitscreen).

For Missions you have the tutorial that teaches you how to play the game & use it's various mechanics in unique specially made missions. hero or solider missions (you play pretty much kill confirmed from call of duty except it's star wars lol) you collect holocrons dropped by the enemy AI you defeat, who ever grabs the most first wins, & then you have survival which is pretty much horde mode & survive all the waves thrown at you (though only 15 waves).

All the content in missions except for the tutorial ones (I think) can be played in online co-op or split screen

Edit: also for the last update I believe it was in feburary of 2017 to address some skirmish issues & as far as I know this game never had lootboxes.

Also for battlefront 2 all the loot boxes are gone in favor of a leveling up system & cosmetics. The more you level up you can spend skill points & level up cards that unlock as you level up. Also cosmetics is all you can buy in battlefront 2

Edit 2: I have no idea why this post keeps getting deleted. 

Message 6 of 8 (622 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, I play pretty much every day on Xbox.  Always able to get games on walker assault, supremacy, turning and the 12 players matches like cargo.  The DLC can be hit and miss but I usually get to play Bespin from around 9pm UK time and Death Star too.  Scarif is non-existent though, cannot remember last time I played on Scarif.  So I would say buy it.  It is cheap enough and you should get plenty of game time on console.  I think PS4 has the bigger playing community.  It is a great game, I prefer it to SWBF2.

Message 7 of 8 (577 Views)

★★ Novice

The only Star Wars battlefront game that I have and the gameplay is amazing without cheaters. It’s unfortunate that we rarely find matches in the DLC maps.

Message 8 of 8 (531 Views)