Re: Star wars battlefront beta (PC) not launching

★★ Novice

Same here, I updated drivers as advised but game still doesn't even start

http://hastebin.com/erobaduwux.tex

Message 11 of 20 (410 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This is the one problem I've seen on these boards that I have yet to see anyone find a solution for.  Has EA even commented on it?  It's very frustrating.  I've posted in several of these threads and nobody seems to have an answer and there doesn't seem to be a common thread aside from the fact that several people who have updated their drivers (which I did through NVIDIA, not Windows), have seen their Aero theme break.

I'm currently on Windows 7, I'm debating using this as my opportunity to do my free upgrade to Windows 10 and see if a fresh install and everything works but that's a whole lot of work to do for a beta.  I really want to be able to get this game but if I can't get in during the beta and EA doesn't even try to present a solution or a reason as to why this error occurs, I can't buy it without feeling safe in the knowledge that the game will work.  

I'll add my dxdiag to this thread too I guess http://pastebin.com/v8wwQgUE

Message 12 of 20 (398 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the exact same reaction, I won't risk myself in buying this game.

I am trying to resolve this for 3 days now and nobody seems to care about the issue.

Really annoying.

Message 13 of 20 (369 Views)

Re: Star wars battlefront beta not launching

★★★ Novice

Okay I got it. You gotta install the Service Packs. That's what fixed it for me.

Message 14 of 20 (638 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'll install them and if it works I'll take your answer as solution. Thanks anyway :3

Message 15 of 20 (348 Views)

★★★ Novice

I installed the service packs and when I went to start Battlefront I actually saw something happen for the first time.  Unfrotunately it only opened a black screen and stayed there until I ended the task.  Every time I tried to launch after that it didn't even go to the black screen again. I tried re-installing Origin after that and it didn't work.  Now I'm in the process of redownloading and reinstalling the game and we'll see if that does anything.  I also will try this audio fix that some have said works for the black screen error. 

But yes, updating the service packs at least changed something for me so I'd recommend doing that.

Message 16 of 20 (342 Views)

★★★ Novice

It worked just perfectly. Not only that but it solved another problems that I had updating my video drivers, so I can not thank you enough for this tip!

Message 17 of 20 (330 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm still out of luck it seems. I updated my service packs and tried a bunch of fixes but I'm now stuck at a black screen.  It's progress I suppose but still nothing.  Here's my new Dxdiag after the service packs, I'd appreciate it if someone could take a look at it and let me know if they see anything out of the ordinary: http://pastebin.com/U37XvxVM

Message 18 of 20 (325 Views)

★★★ Novice

How do you install the service packs?

Message 19 of 20 (305 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Microsoft has that tutorial on their website, where you get the software from them.  There is no Service Pack for Windows 10, and may never be such a thing for that OS.  This question refers to Windows 7. 

Message 20 of 20 (287 Views)