Re: Star Wars battlefront

by daryuzs

Original Post

Star Wars battlefront

★ Novice

Can not start Star Wars Battlefront(Download). I usually search and find a way to fix the problem, but I spent all day Saturday trying to fix the problem. I gave up, downloaded The Witcher 3 and played that Sunday. So I decided to try here and start a post. I tried the Origin support but no reply yet.

First it was missing MSVCR100.DLL, then MSVCR120.DLL. I fixed those. Then I uninstalled Origin and SWB and reinstalled them. The game seemed to start one time, but only to a black screen and the window stating SWB stopped working. Then there were a series of errors with different titles but all with the same number code (0xc000007b). The latest one that keeps popping up is:

ActivationUI.exe - Application Error

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)......

My Info --->  http://hastebin.com/livifuxifo.tex

Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10240) (10240.th1_st1.151104-1714)
Intel i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
Driver Version: 10.18.13.5900

Message 1 of 8 (1,161 Views)

Community Manager

@SBPGT Did you recently upgrade to a 64-bit OS from a 32-bit? Can you check that you have all available updates in Windows?

Can you also uninstall and reinstall Origin if you haven't already?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 8 (1,158 Views)

★ Novice

I had Windows 7 64-bit before, upgraded to Windows10 a few months ago when it came out.

I uninstalled Origin and Star Wars Battlefront. Re-installed both.

Message 3 of 8 (1,155 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@SBPGT I see. What steps did you take previously to clear up the aforementioned issues? I think your current issue is related to this. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 8 (1,150 Views)

★ Novice

Reinstalled the missing Visual C++ .ddl's.

Message 5 of 8 (1,142 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@SBPGT Sorry I wasn't clear, did you run them from the game's folder or did you download a specific file for the PC? Can I double cehck that you've checked Windows for any updates?

Perhaps you might want to run the System File Checker?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 8 (1,129 Views)

★ Novice

No Windows Updates, Download the VC++ .dll's from Microsofts website, System File Checker found no problems. Unistalled game and reinstalled, again.

In the "Core" folder there is the "ActivationUI.exe" file. There are 11 .dll files, "Codecs" folder with 4 .dll files, and "Imageformats" Folder with 3 .dll files.

Found this in the support  files...

TO INSTALL (ORIGIN USERS):
Note: If you’d like more information about purchasing direct downloads from EA, visit https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/.
Once the game has been downloaded by Origin, click the install icon that appears, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Launch the game (once it’s installed) directly from Origin.
Note: If you’ve already purchased a title and would like to install it on another PC, first download and install Origin on the other PC, then launch the application and log in with your Origin Account. Select the appropriate title from the list that appears and click the install button to download the game.

TO INSTALL (THIRD PARTY ONLINE USERS):
Please contact the digital retailer through whom you purchased this game, for instructions on how to install the game, or how to download and reinstall another copy.

There is no Install icon. The game downloads and is supposedly ready to play with no installation? I did buy the game from UPlay because it had a $20 off next purchase coupon, still don't have that coupon yet, and a game that won't launch. Frown

Contacted Origin and Uplay, still no responses from them...

Message 7 of 8 (1,111 Views)

★★★ Novice

I solved that... it was the MSVCR120.dll and the MSVCP120.dll. Delete them and download others from the internet.

But then appears starwarsbattlefront.exe 0xc000007b.. after fixing the Origin/AplicationUI.

Message 8 of 8 (987 Views)