Re: STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT STUCK ON LOADING SCREEN

by Jkdubs1

Original Post

EA DICE Team

If it has finished installed I recommend that you try to power cycle and try again. @SweatyBear44 

How to power cycle: 

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button  on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.
    Important Be sure to wait at least 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.
  3. Plug the console power cable back in.
  4. Press the Xbox button  on your console to turn it on.

/Atic 

Message 21 of 24 (2,690 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Maybe this will help someone who finds this thread, but I had the game installed from 2018 or so and decided to play again recently (2020), did the updates etc and launched the game and would get stuck on the launch loading screen before eventually just closing.

Tried every other fix until eventually I saw someone said to do the following:

1. Go to where your game is installed

2. Rename the folder (e.g. from Star Wars Battlefront II to SWB2)

3. Delete all the files in the folder except for the 'data' folder, also delete the game files folder in your user/documents/star wars battlefront 2 folder (like 4 small files)

4. Origin should now realise the game has disappeared and wants you to download from scratch

5. Rename the folder back to normal and then go into Origin and locate the game

6. It should download about an additional 30gb worth of game files (instead of the full 90gb or whatever it is)

7. In origin, go into the settings for SWB2 and untick the 'load origin in game' or whatever the setting is

7. Once done, launch!

This was the only thing that fixed it, all the things I found kept going on about disabling DX12 and swapping something from a 1 to 0 in the config, but mine was already deactivated so none of that helped.

Hope this helps!

Message 22 of 24 (2,363 Views)

★★★ Newbie

wtf?

Message 23 of 24 (1,232 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with SWBF please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 24 of 24 (1,121 Views)