Re: Star Wars Battlefront Invalid License: Reason code = Invalid Cipher (0x0006)

by DisQorde

Original Post

Re: Star Wars Battlefront Invalid License: Reason code = Invalid Cipher (0x0006)

★★ Novice
Fixed it. Reinstall did not work. Verification of Windows files did not work. But a Clean up of PC system files did work. Must be something in the Cache files causing a conflict. After a PC re-boot of the system, it works great now. Hope this helps others. Cheers
Message 11 of 20 (3,275 Views)

Community Manager

@DexdaBF4Glad to hear that, enjoy the game. 

Darko.png
Message 12 of 20 (3,261 Views)

★★★ Novice
New to PCs... Reboot of the system means what? Reinstalling Windows and all of that?
Message 13 of 20 (3,076 Views)

Community Manager

@gleipniragnar Please see this link for information on how to clean boot your PC: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Darko.png
Message 14 of 20 (14,255 Views)

★★★ Novice

O.o Is it normal to go through this type of hassle just to play games on PC? 

Message 15 of 20 (3,072 Views)

Community Manager

@gleipniragnar Did you get the game working? 

Darko.png
Message 16 of 20 (3,021 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
This helped me, and I have not experienced the invalid license since; however, I still have some other issues with crashing that I am trying to resolve.
Message 17 of 20 (3,011 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i did all of the upove...no luck  wtf

Message 18 of 20 (2,788 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the problem itself, so I restarted the computer and then it worked.

Message 19 of 20 (1,671 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with SWBF1 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 20 of 20 (1,556 Views)