Re: Star Wars Battlefront Invalid License: Reason code = Invalid Cipher (0x0006)

by lostzero

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Star Wars Battlefront Invalid License: Reason code = Invalid Cipher (0x0006).

★★★★★ Novice

Hello, 

I purchased my copy of Star Wars Battlefront on release from game and downloaded the game. I have played 19 hours without any issues.  I opened the game tonight and it gives this error:

Invalid License: Reason code = Invalid Cipher (0x0006).  I have currently repaired the game and still get the same error code. I would appricate any answers!

Kind regards

Aaron

Message 1 of 20 (16,454 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Star Wars Battlefront Invalid License: Reason code = Invalid Cipher (0x0006)

Community Manager
Message 14 of 20 (14,103 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Having the same problem here and i have found people with similar problems on other origin based games. However the solutions they propose don't seem to work.

I have tried repairing the game by right clicking the game icon and selecting repair. i have tried removing the license files etc. however, no luck till now.

Message 2 of 20 (16,335 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Right Click the game icon in origin and click "Repair Game", worked for me.

Message 3 of 20 (16,301 Views)

★★ Novice

I got this error after patching the game via origin yesterday, repair the game worked for me.

Message 4 of 20 (16,291 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Tried that solution, didn't work

Message 5 of 20 (15,616 Views)

★★ Novice
I am having the exact same issue. I have tried all the methods mentioned and still didn't work. I am trying uninstalling the game as well as origin. Will post results after.
Message 6 of 20 (13,412 Views)

★★ Novice

Have the same problem now as at 18 Nov 2017. Origin, please IMMEDIATELY FIX IT.

Message 7 of 20 (12,682 Views)

Community Manager

@DexdaBF4Are you still having issues with the game?

Darko.png
Message 8 of 20 (12,524 Views)

★★ Novice

I continuously experience this issue, 99% of the time during play, the game crashes during Campaign Mode, and this error occurs. I repair the game each time, play for a little bit, then another crash. Today alone I have repaired about 8 times (so far).

Message 9 of 20 (12,436 Views)

Community Manager

@DisQorde That's an odd one you are seeing, have you tried reinstalling the game entirely instead of repairing? 

Darko.png
Message 10 of 20 (12,401 Views)