Re: Solutions for A Dying Game: A Final Update - Please Read Developers

by GuardianD671

Original Post

Solutions for A Dying Game: A Final Update - Please Read Developers

★★★★ Novice

I speak on behalf of the Battlefront (2015) community when I say, there needs to be one final update to the game.  There are several problems that you must address before completely abandoning the game.  The game on PC is almost dead, save for a small community that hosts events to revive some DLC game modes, but it is not enough at all.  If you wanted to play DLC Game modes, earn all Origin Achievements, earn all Diorama Figures, or simply play Walker Assault late in the day casually, you cannot.  It is practically impossible.  Here are the problems.

1.  When you decided to separate the DLC from the base game, it hurt you financially, and it hurt the player base.  Making it all inclusive was a good move, but it was too late in the game's lifetime.

2.  The lack of a Server Browser that shows "Current Players in the Game-mode" makes a simple action of finding a game daunting, especially if you are a new player who does not know the active modes.
3.  The lack of Community Run Servers makes this game a breeding ground for Hackers.
4.  The lack of a Vote-Kick System further encourages hacking
5.  The Skirmish mode lacks most maps and game modes from multiplayer.
6.  The Private Match feature lacks Achievement Progress, Multiplayer Progress, Challenge Progress, and Diorama Progress.
7.  The Private Match feature has the same Minimum Player Limit for the 40 player game-modes.
8.  The Private Match feature has no bots like in Skirmish.
9.  The Private Match feature does not have many basic features in general.

Here are Solutions/Suggestions to all of these Problems.

1.  Add a Server Browser and a "Current Online Players" counter
2.  Give the Community Dedicated servers with Multiplayer Progression (You could distribute it through the Origin Launcher or even Steam like Steam does with other games like Team Fortress 2 and Garry's Mod and hundreds of other games.)
3.  Make a Dedicated Server for Each Game-mode for the Server Browser
4.  If no Dedicated Servers, then give the Private Match feature AI bots, Multiplayer Progress (for Diorama, Achievements, and Hutt Contracts), Moderator Functions, and remove the Minimum Player Limit.
5.  Give Skirmish Mode the same modes available in Private Matches, and give Skirmish Mode Multiplayer Progression
6.  Add a vote-kicking system.
7.  Add some form of Opt-In Cross-Play Support. (Fairly Drastic Solution)
8.  Make the game Free-to-Play (An extreme solution)

All of these issues can be said for Battlefront 2 (2017) as well, the community is already disheartened once again that developers have abandoned that game as well.  Think about the community; EA and its subsidiary studios have made a ton of progress with bringing it's games back to Steam, adding cross-play to Star Wars: Squadrons, listening to feedback on Battlefront II (2017) after it's launch, so make another leap forward, as I have presented you with all of the problems and solutions that many EA games suffer from, not just Battlefront. 

To the developers I plead, do not abandon the community, release one more Final Farewell Update for both games, and the community will keep them alive.

Message 1 of 10 (2,119 Views)

★★ Novice

I wholeheartedly agree with this post, but I doubt this will happen. I just wish the DLC content was in offline man.

Message 2 of 10 (2,061 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@JWayn596 It be enough if they simply will add DLCs maps on skirmish and the possibility to select skins to play
Message 3 of 10 (2,006 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Many people do care about Achievements and Unlocks

Message 4 of 10 (1,968 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Agree

Message 5 of 10 (1,923 Views)

★ Guide
@JWayn596 i agree with all points, though i would be happy if the final update only did 3 things:
add ai bots to all modes so as to make up numbers. this would let me play blast maps i loved effectively as if offline.
add all the dlc content into main game available with bots to play
unlock all content for single player with bots as option to replace multiplayer.

i have bfII and while i enjoy playing sometimes, the mp is sometimes too much there. walker assault is fun, playing against bots, but there are never any enemy hero/villain opponents and the game ends and you wind up starting over too quick. what i REALLY want is to play the hoth maps and endor with bots as team deathmatch, with a setting for no time limit and no kill score to succeed. i can then lose myself in battle, while part of my brain works behind the scenes to figure how to overcome the point im stuck at in my writing. you made good AI with battlefront 2, including heroes. it shouldnt be too hard or too much time to convert it to use this game and its maps, and would enable you to keep selling this game indefinitely AS SINGLE PLAYER without having to refund it so often.

or at least allow permission for people to make MODS and add the missing AI into the game. i really loved those blast maps on endor and hoth, and the ones in the current game just arent as good.
Message 6 of 10 (1,840 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I really wish they would just add bots to fill up private games that would just make the game playable again. I have a small group of friends and we recently just got back into this and have all said if we could just fill the team sides with bots it would be perfect.

Message 7 of 10 (1,071 Views)

★★ Apprentice

bump since there's no response

Message 8 of 10 (555 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'll give a bump too. 

Message 9 of 10 (551 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Bumping this thread as we've yet to receive any response or escalation.

Message 10 of 10 (481 Views)