Re: Server Browsers PC

by H377sp4wn

Original Post

Server Browsers PC

★ Novice

As a long time player of all this Battlefield (I own everything from battlefield 1942 to battlefield 4), it baffles me to see no server browsers. The match making system this evening has only allowed me to play on servers with 195ms ping (using the console command)

You could never take this seriously or compete with others with this latency. Yesterday it was 30ish but surely the devs must know that latency effects how you will play the game. There is a massive difference in these pings, as any gamer will attest.

I think this could be the downfall of what is a pretty awesome game, and multiplayer games need this simple functionality. Please add a browser so we can choose if we want to play on an unplayable server, not the game.

Message 1 of 4 (222 Views)

Hero

I've also been a vocal supporter of the server browser. Unfortunately, I think EA wants to streamline matchmaking in their casual online shooters. This also includes Titanfall and Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 4 (207 Views)

★ Novice

I too experience this and is extremely frustrating. It's a major issue when your ping is 200+, the game becomes unplayable. If they chose not to implement a server browser, then at least have some sort of regional search function which connects you to low ping servers... It's very important that they take this into consideration because high pings kill shooters.

Message 3 of 4 (194 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

same high ping and some lag. a server browser and server rentals would be a good step forward for the game to grow

Message 4 of 4 (188 Views)