Random PC crashes

by UP_Silverfox

Original Post

Random PC crashes

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Mentioned this before and i did everything that was asked of me,

i uninstalled all nvidia drivers using the tool DDU, then i reinstalled the latest drivers.

I ran battlefront as admin and checked if it was up to date,

i had 3 hours no problems at all, and since now i cant finish one match without the game crashing:

{Due to language violations i deleted the errors and pasted the correct data in a lower post}

nvwgf2umx.dll pops up again, i dont have any issues in other games

Message 1 of 10 (416 Views)

Re: Random PC crashes

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

1.  No one here (that I have been aware of) has the Microsoft references to enable us to interpret an Appcrash Report. 

2.  This is an English-only forum, and that Appcrash text was in another language anyway. 

3.  If you already had an unsolved message thread (of your own), this one might have been a duplicate, and I warned against that.  Since your previous comment was added into someone else's thread, it's not exactly the same thing (and I edited this part to suit).  

Let's see what this will tell us, shall we?

How to get a DxDiag and put it into a Hastebin page:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/PC-Graphic-performance-issues-in-Titanfall-here-s-how-to-help-us/...

Message 2 of 10 (409 Views)

★★ Guide

@UP_Silverfox, please, post DxDiag as Gorath_the_Elder said.

Meanwhile, try to disable Origin in game overlay; or any other kind of overlay (like shadowplay from nvidia).

Message 3 of 10 (397 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Disabled shadowplay and origin ingame

added dxdiag

or at http://hastebin.com/acezixeneg.tex

funny thing is after rebooting i can have a few matches without problems

Message 4 of 10 (387 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I see that you have "empty" slots in your graphics driver description.   That is a red flag about driver corruption.

Driver Attributes: Final Retail
   Driver Date/Size: 16/12/2015 0:00:00, 17104016 bytes
        WHQL Logo'd: n/a
    WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

That makes me suspect additional corruptions in that driver install beyond those two items.  You will need to get all of the bad one fully removed.  Get a copy of CClean, then tell Windows that the GPU is removed, so it will uninstall the driver itself.  After that, run CClean to find all traces of that driver in the Registry and remove those. 

Only then, go back to nVIDIA and get an ever newer driver to use, or at least a fresh copy, if no newer one exists yet. 

Message 5 of 10 (380 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@UP_Silverfox 

Have you dealt with your graphics driver as suggested?  Did it solve the problem? 

Message 6 of 10 (360 Views)

★ Apprentice
I no longer receive the errors linked to my graphics driver, battlefront still crashes once and a while though. Still no fix for that but those crashes could happen once every hour or so.
Message 7 of 10 (353 Views)

★★ Guide

@UP_Silverfox, do you overclock gpu or cpu?

Message 8 of 10 (345 Views)

★ Apprentice
No overclocking or not that i know off. Standard gpu and cpu settings
Message 9 of 10 (341 Views)

★★ Guide

Try to reinstall nvidia drivers again, but this time select advanced (not express), check "clean install" box and uncheck 3D Vision stuff (two boxes).

Message 10 of 10 (334 Views)