Please Make Knights of the Old Republic 3!

by FAT_AARDVARK

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Please Make Knights of the Old Republic 3!

★★★ Newbie

Star Wars is one of the most popular franchises right now, and will continue to grow as the new movies roll out. Even though Battlefront was the safest bet (and a good first choice for a Star Wars game in the new universe), a continuation of the Knights of the Old Republic games would also be extremely popular. The games already have a large fanbase.

Even from a strictly profit-based business-formula perspective (Well let's be honest, this is EA.), a story-driven RPG set in the Star Wars universe with a similar playstyle to Dragon Age Inquisition would be an instant hit and would sell in droves.

Obsidian has already expressed great interest in making another game, so I have a feeling it will get made whether EA seizes the opportunity or not. So what are you waiting for?!? Wink

Message 1 of 6 (1,315 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Please Make Knights of the Old Republic 3!

Community Manager

@FAT_AARDVARK Thanks for the post. Kotor 3 is much-discussed, and I'd love to see it too. With SWTOR directly continuing the Old Republic I'd guess that any new Star Wars RPG would probably use a different name, but the SW universe is huge there's no shortage of settings. 

You conspicuously don't mention SWTOR, but if you haven't played it lately you might want to try returning. Fallen Empire has come out recently and I really enjoyed it

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,423 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@FAT_AARDVARK Thanks for the post. Kotor 3 is much-discussed, and I'd love to see it too. With SWTOR directly continuing the Old Republic I'd guess that any new Star Wars RPG would probably use a different name, but the SW universe is huge there's no shortage of settings. 

You conspicuously don't mention SWTOR, but if you haven't played it lately you might want to try returning. Fallen Empire has come out recently and I really enjoyed it

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,424 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thanks for the reply! It's good to see that you're interested in the game as well. I admittedly haven't played past level 10 in SWTOR, but I still can't contain my disappointment in the fact that the best single-player franchise of all time (in my opinion) was turned into an MMO.

Anyway, I'll save my rant for another day. I'm sure there will be Star Wars RPGs; but it saddens me that they likely won't be the ones KotOR fans truly wanted.
Message 3 of 6 (1,305 Views)

★ Novice
Hey,
I just read the AMA (https://m.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/5c3nkh/we_are_obsidian_entertainment_creators_of_aaa/?compact=t...) on Reddit from the developers at Obsidian.

The top questions were about them producing Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III. Me and many other are enjoying SWTOR, however mostly for single player experiences.

If there was a kickstarter for making KOTOR3 I'd donate money.

Knights of the Old Republic I and II were one of my all time favorite games and I still play them occasionally because of their good story and immersive gameplay.

Myself and lots of other Star Wars gamers would be ever grateful if your company representatives spoke with Obsidian about making the game.

Regards,
Håkon Hole Lønning
Message 4 of 6 (1,240 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the post/feedback. As you can probably guess, I don't have any info on anything like this.

We of course have various Star Wars properties, with SWTOR: KOTET being the closest to a hypothetical KOTOR III. 

Obviously that game has taken a bit of a step away from the older-school mechanics that characterize KOTOR 1 and 2 (and Obsidian's higher-profile output), but perhaps you might want to check it out when the expansion releases in a few week?

Tyranny's on my to-play list* as I've heard good things, and I'd personally love to see another Old Republic game, or even another SW spinoff era. 

*it's been too good a launch season, there are so many great games released of late that it's near-impossible to get to everything. It's a good problem to have.

Anyway, while such decisions are out of my hands, hopefully eventually we'll have some sort of news on this.  

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 6 (1,231 Views)

★★★ Newbie

4 years later. Failed star wars games were made. BioWare was reduced to making a loot shooter and forced to stay away from the things that they were good at... RPGs... Gross mismanagement of both a killer license and studio... Why? 

Message 6 of 6 (874 Views)