Re: PC: Cannot Connect to EA Servers/You are not allowed to access online featur

by EA_Stefan

Original Post

Re: PC: Cannot Connect to EA Servers/You are not allowed to access online featur

★★★ Novice

@EA_Stefan

Hey Stefan, thanks for getting in on this.  I've attached 2 UO Traces as per the instructions on the link you provided.

My Modem is an Arris Surfboard, Motorola SBG6580. There is no Router connected and my provider is Comcast.

I've not had any connection issues before with Battlefront, or with any other game for that matter, so my connections been quite stable.

The only message I receive is upon logging in and trying to connect to the EA servers to access multiplayer content, "Cannot Connect to EA Servers/You are not allowed to access online features."  Let me know if I can provide any other useful information.

Thanks,

S.O.Scout

Message 11 of 24 (1,186 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello again @Space-Out-Scout ,

Your UO trace route looks very good, thanks for uploading that so quickly. If the error message says "You are not allowed to access online features." that sounds like you´re experiencing an issue very similar to trying to play on an underage account. If for instance the game had been registered to a sub-account of your Origin account this would happen since online features would not be available. However, you wrote you were able to play previously. 

Could you check with your provider if the modem that you were given supports the ipv6 internet protocol? According to my knowledge the SBG6580 firmware does currently not support it which can lead to issues.

I´d also suggest you port forward your modem for Battlefront if you haven´t done so already since this is known to fix many connectivity issues across all titles. Click here to find out how to do it. Here you can find the Battlefront Ports to open.

If this also does not fix it I´d like you to please contact our live support once more. A technical advisor can, with your approval, take over your account and test it in order to make sure that the issue is not tied to the account or game itself. The advisor will also be able to double check what I´ve written in regards to the underage account.

Cheers,

Stefan
Du kannst XP vergeben und Lösungen akzeptieren wenn dir ein Beitrag geholfen hat.
Klicke hier um herauszufinden wie du ein Hero oder Champion werden kannst
Helpcenter | EA Twitter

Message 12 of 24 (1,179 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Stefan

Hey Stefan, sorry for taking some time to get back to you, busy and all that.  Forwarded all the ports again, still nothing.  I did check on my router model, and you are correct in that it does not support ipv6.  Though I was playing reliably for 3-4 weeks on that router before any issues occurred, so was there some sort of server update or something along those that might've sparked the issue? I'm granted internet via ethernet too if that is pertinent information.

Message 13 of 24 (1,155 Views)

Hello @Space-Out-Scout ,

Could you please check in the port forwarding settings if the UDP-Port 3544 is opened as well? That is a port that is sometimes blocked out by modem and router firmware and we need to make sure it´s open to allow the communication to go through.

From our side there has not been an update that I am aware of that made any changes to ports and / or connectivity in cases like these. If you´re using several PC's and consoles in the same network it also may be worth looking into setting up static IP's for all devices. For example I operate 3 consoles and 2 PC's in my home network and setting up static IP's resolved many issues with connectivity to games and websites. I found this link here to be helpful. Please note that this is a 3rd party link and EA are not responsible for any content on this website. Also, please only try to follow these steps if you have the necessary proficiency. Click here to get to the article

Cheers,

Stefan
Du kannst XP vergeben und Lösungen akzeptieren wenn dir ein Beitrag geholfen hat.
Helpcenter | EA Twitter

Message 14 of 24 (1,148 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Stefan

Alrighty, so I forwarded that port and I already had a static IP setup, so I re-established it. No results there, unfortunately.  And my personal Computer here is the only device in the house so no need for other static IP's.  Any other suggestions?

Message 15 of 24 (1,143 Views)

Hello @Space-Out-Scout ,

At this point I´d say we will need to get your account reviewed and make sure it is not accidentally being flagged or recognized as an underage account. Especially because you´re getting the message that you aren´t allowed to access online features. To contact our customer service please click here and fill in the appropriate selections. From a network troubleshooting perspective we´ve done pretty much what we could to make sure it´s not blocking you out.   

Cheers,

Stefan
Helpcenter | EA Twitter

Message 16 of 24 (3,441 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Stefan

Welp, my issue is fixed, cleanly and quickly by a fellow who I spoke on the phone with.  He launched an update for my account, either resetting it, or something of the sort.  The last person I spoke on the phone with did the same thing, but it didn't seem to work then, so maybe the problem was a culmination of things.  Regardless, the problem is solved, and I thank you for your technical assistance, Stefan.

~S.O.Scout

Message 17 of 24 (1,125 Views)

@Space-Out-Scout ,

Great, glad to read that. Have fun with in Battlefront and if you have any further questions you know where to find us Large smile

Cheers,

Stefan
Helpcenter | EA Twitter

Message 18 of 24 (1,122 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This same problem has been recurring repeatedly and yet the game does not prompt you to log in to either account or explain where to go to do so. If EA is going to make a game that is entirely comprised of online gameplay with no official customer support, that is ridiculous. I did not pay all this money to learn how to be a computer programmer or self-educated tech support. I hate to think that Battlefront will be come obsolete in years to come, as EA focuses on new games!
Message 19 of 24 (1,114 Views)

Hello @usz8udzki5j9 ,

We do offer customer support for Battlefront and all of our other games. To contact us please click here and make the appropriate selections. After that you should get the option to either start a chat or request a callback from us. And I can assure you that we are and will continue to work on Battlefront since it is an awesome game that many people including myself enjoy playing Standard smile 

Cheers,

Stefan
Helpcenter | EA Twitter

Message 20 of 24 (1,094 Views)