Re: PC: Cannot Connect to EA Servers/You are not allowed to access online featur

by Gorath_the_Elder

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PC: Cannot Connect to EA Servers/You are not allowed to access online features

★★★ Novice

Okay, Okay, here we go.

I've been playing Battlefront on the PC since launch, no problems until a couple days ago.

My Battlefront just can't seem to login into the EA servers, so I'm either met with, "Cannot connect to EA Servers" or "You are not allowed to access online features."

I've scoured these forums, the main forums, and every reasonable webpage claiming to know how to fix the issue, so let's say I've exhausted all posted workarounds / fixes, from port forwarding, to firewall deactivation, to reinstalling, to all the other damnable things. I'm pretty fed up with this * at this point, especially after EA Help over the phone failed to help at all.

If there's some kindly magician out there willing to offer some advice, I'll gladly accept it.

Message 1 of 24 (2,782 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PC: Cannot Connect to EA Servers/You are not allowed to access online featur

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @Space-Out-Scout ,

At this point I´d say we will need to get your account reviewed and make sure it is not accidentally being flagged or recognized as an underage account. Especially because you´re getting the message that you aren´t allowed to access online features. To contact our customer service please click here and fill in the appropriate selections. From a network troubleshooting perspective we´ve done pretty much what we could to make sure it´s not blocking you out.   

Cheers,

Stefan
Du kannst XP vergeben und Lösungen akzeptieren wenn dir ein Beitrag geholfen hat.
Klicke hier um herauszufinden wie du ein Hero oder Champion werden kannst
Helpcenter | EA Twitter

View in thread

Message 16 of 24 (3,448 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same problem. I haven't even been able to play the game at all.

Message 2 of 24 (2,748 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Expert

I am sorry to hear that you weren't successful with Help Center, but no one here on Answer HQ has access into anyone's player accounts other than our own.  You must persist with another of the Game Advisers until one comes up with the answer. 

Message 3 of 24 (2,745 Views)

★★ Novice

Not sure if it's related but I've had the same problem on Xbox One connectivity to the EA servers for the last few days. Completely fed up with it now - have tried everything but I've got a completely reliable internet connection for everything else but absolutely no joy at all on Star Wars Battlefront. 

If EA Servers are so totally unreliable then I've somewhat been conned into parting with my money for a completely unusable game.

Message 4 of 24 (2,736 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Space-Out-Scout 

Your question was answered.  There is nothing we can accomplish in your favor here on Answer HQ. 

Message 5 of 24 (2,702 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@CsDot

May be related, Friend. There is no shortage of people having connectivity issues to the servers, as I've seen browsing around the web.  And in a way, yes, I would have to agree that we've been had at least somewhat given the typical, I 'purchased a product and expect it to work.' I've personally never had this degree of issue with a game, specifically from a server connection perspective.

Message 6 of 24 (2,693 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Gorath_the_Elder

Answered, but not effectively resolved, so I'll keep the thread open in the off chance a user offers a relatively unknown or unorthodox method of fixing the problem, not yet posted on these forums or online in general (Here's to Hoping).  If EA Help can indeed help next time I contact them, I'll mark my 'question' as truly answered, but until I can dedicate the hour or more it takes for them to run me through the same 'fixes' I've already tried in the hopes of solving the issue, I believe I'll leave the thread open.

Message 7 of 24 (2,687 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Gorath_the_Elder wrote:

Your question was answered.  There is nothing we can accomplish in your favor here on Answer HQ. 

We are game players here, not any kind of official customer support, sorry. 

Message 8 of 24 (2,669 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Gorath_the_Elder

I realize that, Gorath. But someone might come by with a fix that none of us have tried, or have some sort of breakthrough with the issue where EA fails us.

Message 9 of 24 (2,662 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @Space-Out-Scout

I´ve just read through your post and I´m sorry to hear that you have this issue. It can actually come from a wide number of reasons, so let´s try and find out how we can fix it and get you back into the game. :-)

To determine what´s exactly going on I´d need some more insight on your internet connection. Could you please follow this link here and create a UO Trace route for me? You can attach that directly to your next post. Hopefully it gives me an idea of what is happening. Any other information you can give me about your network would also be valuable (i.e. make of your modem, is a router connected, etc.)

Have you ever received a specific error message tied to this or maybe cutouts of your internet traffic in general?

Once I have the Trace Route I´ll check it and get back to you. 

Cheers,

Stefan
Du kannst XP vergeben und Lösungen akzeptieren wenn dir ein Beitrag geholfen hat.
Klicke hier um herauszufinden wie du ein Hero oder Champion werden kannst
Helpcenter | EA Twitter

Message 10 of 24 (2,655 Views)