Re: New Star Wars: Battlefront Crashing

by WhitePrimeKek

Original Post

★ Novice

I've been playing the game for months now with no problems .... this has just started crashing since the free trial of Outer Rim ... even though the free trial has ended ... still crashing every time I try to play!!!!!!!!!!

Message 41 of 46 (798 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Janeway110 Hey, at what point exactly does it crash? Do you get an error message? What system are you on? I'm assuming PC but please let me know if I'm of-track. 

Can you try a repair if you haven't already? right-click the game panel to get this option (i'm assuming you're on PC)

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 42 of 46 (786 Views)

★★★ Novice

This games uses the Frostbite engine just like Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2. You can use the startup command line argument -noborder to fix this issue. Go in game properties, then advanced startup options. Enter -noborder in command line argument field.

Message 43 of 46 (701 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm having the same problem with my (overclocked) R9 270X 4GB, on Star Wars: Battlefront 1.

My system runs the game at High settings (with Film Grain and Motion Blur at zero, though) comfortably. But often, suddenly, in multiplayer I'll get black screen/freeze and I have to use the reset button.

It's now doing it even in single player missions, though. I usually get the black screen/freeze, and then like I said I'll press reset. But if I hit the Windows key just after the black screen, I can see the same DirectX error box posted by the OP.

There's a good chance it's Radeon Adrenalin, but I'm not sure yet as it was doing the same with the last few Radeon Crimson drivers also.

I do only have 8GB of RAM, which isn't really enough anymore for modern games. So, it could be that.

Fully up-to-date Windows 10.

Message 44 of 46 (551 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

UPDATE: My solution was to move down to Medium settings. I was pushing it too far, really, with High settings.

You can barely tell the difference. It still looks good.

Message 45 of 46 (537 Views)

★★ Novice

Guys, I'm having a crash when starting the game.

My laptop is:

Windows 10 Pro

12GB RAM

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2400 Mhz, 2 procesadores principales, 4 procesadores lógicos

Intel(R) HD Graphics 520

RAM de adaptador 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)

1920x1080 with 60HZ refresh.

When launching the game first appears a windowed black screen, then appears the Battlefront screen with the loading "bar" top right, after that goes to a black-grey screen, after that, game closes without any error message.

001a.jpg

001b.jpg

001c.jpg

I have tried to run with following:

Lower screen resolution

Origin In-Game disabled

Realtek audio input and output devices disabled

Run as administrator

Run on compatibility mode Win 8

Nothing Works.

I have been checking several fórums and tried several solutions.

Does anyone can give me any suggestion???

Best regards.

Message 46 of 46 (501 Views)