Re: Monetizing Star Wars Battlefront II gameplay videos on Youtube?

by Voyagerbruthers

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Monetizing Star Wars Battlefront II gameplay videos on Youtube?

★ Novice

Can I record and monetize Star Wars Battlefront II gameplay videos on Youtube?

Message 1 of 6 (1,730 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@DarkCapriousX

EA appreciates the passion that players have for our games, and we're always excited to see the creativity that comes from our community. EA does not object to fair uses of video footage or screenshots on video sharing sites, including YouTube channels that are commercialized, as long as the footage is a version of the game that we have released to the public.

We do reserve the right to address any inappropriate use of EA content. Additionally, because many EA games include content that is licensed from a third-party company or may otherwise have usage restrictions, and because of the large number of video-related questions we get from the community, we aren’t able to grant specific approvals or respond to all follow up inquiries.

If you are looking for approval to use assets from an EA game for marketing materials, educational materials, tournaments or other purposes, you can request permission by filling out and submitting the Permission Request Form to permissionrequests@ea.com.

For use of EA assets in a TV show or film, please also include the following:

• A synopsis of the production, including scripts.
  • A detailed description of how the EA content will be used.
  • If any audio elements will be used and the duration.

Source: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-request-permission-for-ea-games-content/

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,970 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@DarkCapriousX

EA appreciates the passion that players have for our games, and we're always excited to see the creativity that comes from our community. EA does not object to fair uses of video footage or screenshots on video sharing sites, including YouTube channels that are commercialized, as long as the footage is a version of the game that we have released to the public.

We do reserve the right to address any inappropriate use of EA content. Additionally, because many EA games include content that is licensed from a third-party company or may otherwise have usage restrictions, and because of the large number of video-related questions we get from the community, we aren’t able to grant specific approvals or respond to all follow up inquiries.

If you are looking for approval to use assets from an EA game for marketing materials, educational materials, tournaments or other purposes, you can request permission by filling out and submitting the Permission Request Form to permissionrequests@ea.com.

For use of EA assets in a TV show or film, please also include the following:

• A synopsis of the production, including scripts.
  • A detailed description of how the EA content will be used.
  • If any audio elements will be used and the duration.

Source: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-request-permission-for-ea-games-content/

barry.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,971 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_Barry

Thank you for your help. What do you mean by, " as long as the footage is a version of the game that we have released to the public"? If I do videos of playthroughs of the game (Campaign Mode) would that count? Also, which companies own the rights to the music in Star Wars Battlefront II? If I'm making Youtube videos for a general audience and monetizing them, would that fall into the category of "marketing materials, educational materials, tournaments or other purposes"? 

Message 3 of 6 (1,685 Views)

Community Manager

@DarkCapriousX

The part about "version of the game that we have released to the public" means that you cannot use footage from a closed beta of one of our games. If the full game is released you are pretty much good to go. If you are concerned about a particular aspect like the music from Battlefront then you can fill out and submit a permission request form as above. If you are just playing our released games and uploading or streaming footage then you should be fine.

barry.png
Message 4 of 6 (1,683 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks! :D 

Message 5 of 6 (1,672 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey! So on my YouTube studio end, it says there is a Content ID Claim. I can leave it and do nothing but the video can't be monetized. If I want to use this music from in-game down the road and want to monetize, how do I go about doing that? Cause if I want to monetize and it says I can't, what do I do? Do I need to get a partnership or just turn off the music altogether? The music really complements gameplay, so I'd be disappointed to have to remove it. Thanks for all help in advance!

Message 6 of 6 (1,137 Views)