Issues setting the correct brightness for PS4 version

by Abarttoir

Original Post

Issues setting the correct brightness for PS4 version

★★★ Newbie

Guns, trees and walls lose details and are mostly black. There is an in-game video setting for "Brightness", by default set on 50 (half way). This is where adjusting the settings would do the trick, only problem is that there isn't anything to set the correct brightness level to... No black bars, background or pluge patterns... Nothing!?!?

My monitor and PS4 have both been calibrated and give the perfect image straight out of the box, without having to adjust anything, with all other games. I would love to see a patch in the future for this issue... Please give us a pattern to set brightness properly. Or an in-game THX optimizer like Star Wars has got in the movies on disc. Thank you!

Message 1 of 5 (8,917 Views)

Re: Issues setting the correct brightness for PS4 version

Community Manager

@Abarttoir I know the indoors/outdoors transitions are quite "bloomy" but as I understand that it's intentional, but I'm not sure what else you mean. Do you have a screenshot?

Thanks for the post. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 5 (8,910 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just to be sure I rechecked all my settings and it turned out my monitor automatically picked up a different color space with an other level of brightness. By adjusting this setting, the default setting of 50 turned out to be spot on again. Standard smile

I think gamers would really appreciate a slightly more advanced brightness setting, with an image to set it up properly, in stead of an empty white screen. In main menu go to: "settings" -> "video" -> "brightness", to find the setting I'm talking about. 

Here is an example of a set-up pattern, in the attachment.

Message 3 of 5 (8,901 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Abarttoir I refused to change my gamma on some old advice/ Merely increasing Brightness and Contrast to 60 each seems to have solved my problem
Message 4 of 5 (3,452 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with SWBF please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 5 of 5 (3,439 Views)