Re: If I name a hacker and bring solid evidence will you ban them?

by SAlTAMA_X

Original Post

Champion

@SAlTAMA_X, As he said, no one will contact you regarding what happens but options are: Warn the player, remove the player, ban the player, etc. A lot depends on other reports they have, evidence provided, number of other reports, etc.  Each one is investigated and a determination is made for the next step, but they have a policy that is not delineated on any web-site, but is in the T's and C's of the game you purchased. Under the rights you have to use the game and the rights they have should you abuse your rights. Lots of legal has been provided to each user and you have to agree to the terms and conditions before it will let you play. Understandably many do not read this info, but you can bet the detail is in the terms and conditions if you want more information.

Good news is they are going to protect their rights and try to protect all players who abide by the rules while dealing with the players who do not. As the company is public, they can't disclose to much info and the lawyers are there to mitigate any claims and protect the IP rights of the company. Don't expect them to change their mind on this. 

So it is up to you. If you believe someone is cheating, hacking, or otherwise hurting the game, gather your evidence, video or other and report them for the benefit of all who play fairly. Rest assured they will do what they need to do and deal with it.

I for one appreciate your questions on detail and support you for trying to help keep the game fun and fair for all.

If you decide to report, here is a link.  https://help.ea.com/en/search/?product=star-wars-battlefront-ii&platform=pc&category=report-concerns...

A good player will sometimes post a vid of his abilities online.  Perhaps search the name to see if they have done extraordinary things and determine if it is them or your point of view.

May the Force be with YOU!.

GLHF - Good Luck Have Fun.
If any message helps you, please give it a bit of XP!
Volunteer EA Answers HQ. I dont work for EA.
Message 31 of 32 (537 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Major-Band1t Hello, what you said would absolutely be a great solution, but EA doesn't do their job. I've sent hacker reports with blatant evidence that is captured like one shotting a hero with DLT-19 across the map. I'm not asking for EA to tell me their IP or what they have done, I'm just asking that they do something. You said I can rest assured but I can't because I and many others have tried this hundreds of times and nothing happens. No these aren't good players, in fact if I look up their YouTube channel I can see them posting themself hacking. Thanks for the link to the report but I'm not going to waste any more time hitting that useless button. Also its not just me that believes it, you can ask anyone in the lobby if 500+ kills a game is legit or not. Just to make sure you understand, I do NOT need private info on an account, I just want them banned. And it is obvious they aren't banned because my friends and I see them daily. I have sent EA more than enough evidence, they're just lazy.

Message 32 of 32 (531 Views)