Re: I can't play while downloading

by YodLLe

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I can't play while downloading

★★★ Newbie

It says playable but just says Syncing to Cloud and pops back to the previous screen (I'm on PC)

Message 1 of 11 (82,166 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

@hyperpoweralpha1

Never try to play while the game is still downloading.  Even though it says "Playable" it really is not advised.  Just wait for the download and Install to be complete, then play.  It will save you alot of time and headache to just be patient and wait.

Did my post help you? Click "Grant XP"
Did my post solve your issue? Click "Accept As Solution"

I do not work for EA. I am just a gamer helping fellow gamers.

See you on the Battlefield!!!

Multi-Platform Elite Race: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4

I DO NOT ANSWER PMs. IF YOU NEED HELP, POST A NEW THREAD SO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY CAN GIVE INPUT, AND IF IT GETS SOLVED, EVERYONE CAN SEE THE SOLUTION.

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (94,652 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@hyperpoweralpha1

Never try to play while the game is still downloading.  Even though it says "Playable" it really is not advised.  Just wait for the download and Install to be complete, then play.  It will save you alot of time and headache to just be patient and wait.

Did my post help you? Click "Grant XP"
Did my post solve your issue? Click "Accept As Solution"

I do not work for EA. I am just a gamer helping fellow gamers.

See you on the Battlefield!!!

Multi-Platform Elite Race: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4

I DO NOT ANSWER PMs. IF YOU NEED HELP, POST A NEW THREAD SO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY CAN GIVE INPUT, AND IF IT GETS SOLVED, EVERYONE CAN SEE THE SOLUTION.

Message 2 of 11 (94,653 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@TapouTony420 makes a great point. Trying to play multiplayer games while the files have not been completely delivered to you will not only cause gameplay issues due to bandwidth/latency but a corrupt installation and/or download could pose a problem. You won't have access to all of the features the full game has and will most likely face performance issues while trying to play multiplayer.

Message 3 of 11 (82,056 Views)

★★ Novice

so i checked the game out at 36% it was ok i could start it and played the first part, i just wanted to see how it handles. later on i planed to check again with greater graphic settings and try some more missions. i cant remember what exactly have i done, i think i somehow clicked for origin to check the games integrity and something bad happened, i cant launch the game  the play button isn't highlighted animore. i think thats an issue, its nothing of a big deal but maybe it should be looked at and fixed maybe. i want this game for its multiplayer, and i wanted to get the hang of it while it was downloading that part.

Message 4 of 11 (80,582 Views)

★★ Novice

same problem here, please help us

Message 5 of 11 (72,991 Views)

★ Novice

I didn't even get an option to play the game while downloading. this is a week now literally today... that it's been downloading. only on 81%. I want to just play my game man. 

Message 6 of 11 (61,900 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I cant play it is AFTER downloading but it still says it is downloading I JUST WANT TO PLAY SIMS!!!!!

Message 7 of 11 (61,774 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem.  For me, the game that is not working is Anthem.  The game has been downloading for over 24 hours and is now past "playable" (25GB downloaded of 53GB).  I can click "play", and the button will grey out like the game is launching.  At this point if I hover over the greyed out play button it says "the game is currently running".  But nothing happens.  A few seconds later, the play button goes back to normal like I never even pressed it.

Seriously, what is the point in having some "playable" marker during the download, when it is not actually "playable" at that stage...  Giving false hope for no reason.  You'd be better off without the false advertising.

Message 8 of 11 (48,985 Views)

★★★ Newbie
E.A. is the very definition of false advertising...
Message 9 of 11 (44,952 Views)

★★★ Newbie

WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU PLAY IT

Message 10 of 11 (25,398 Views)