Re: How to: Change your matchmaking region

by klingonimplant

Original Post

How to: Change your matchmaking region

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hey guys, 

A lot of you may have already wondered how to change your matchmaking region so today we came up withe the tutorial for you. Standard smile

The option to manually select your Matchmaking Region was added as part of the January Update to Star Wars Battlefront.

To locate this option please follow the steps outlined below. 

• From the Start Menu select the Settings
  • Then select the EA Account
  • From the Matchmaking Region option use the left and right arrows to select the region required from the list below.
    • Automatic (Default)
    • Australia
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • South America
    • US East
    • US West
  • Simply click Back to save and use the newly selected region.

In case you're having troubles finding the options, we've added pictures down below. Standard smile Of course you're able to tag me with @EA_Valgard in your post if you should require further assistance. Standard smile 

sw2.png

sw3.png

sw4.png

Cheers, 
Val

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey...hey Du! Ja...genau Du!
Ich beantworte keine PN's mit bitte um Support.
Bitte stelle Deine Frage im richtigen Board und tag mich mit @EA_Valgard!
Danke!

Außerdem: Spielverderber kann jeder, also sei so fair und gib XP für gute Beiträge! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey...hey you! Yeah...you!
I don't answer PM's with Support Requests.
Please ask your question in the correct board and tag me with @EA_Valgard. Thanks!

Furthermore: Play hard, play fair and grant XP for good posts!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 1 of 11 (146,142 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Matchmaking has been an absolute nightmare. Can anyone from EA address this? I haven't been able to play Supremacy or Walker Assault for at least two weeks. I just got out of a Droid Run game that left my team short-handed (2 vs. 6) for more than a half of a dozen rounds. Seriously? Your matchmaking system can't even balance teams? Forget the matchmaking region manual selection... it doesn't work. Opening all of the recommended ports on my router doesn't work. All of your "solutions" do not work. Fix it... fix it now. Suck it up and admit you make a mistake with your matchmaking system and implement something browser-based (like BF4). Leave the server choice to the customer. That's what we want.

Message 2 of 11 (145,979 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

i been having the same prob..cant find a game. I found if i use my avast VPN and login to London i get i right away.been playing like this for a few weeks.

Message 3 of 11 (145,959 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you so much! Now I can play Walker Assault, Turning Point and Supremacy!

That helped a LOT. My internet connection is good, so I can play those matches normally!

Message 4 of 11 (142,822 Views)

★ Novice

Hi All

I'm having a similar issue. I have a sneaking suspicion that EA/Battlefront doesn't know where my IP belongs to. I'm not with one of the large Australian ISPs.

I have had similar "region detection" issues with Battlefield in the past.

My IP address is 103.224.53.###. Can someone in EA check that their region database includes this range, locality Adelaide SA, Australia.

Message 5 of 11 (142,768 Views)

★★ Guide

Servers had some issues. It's ok now.

Message 6 of 11 (142,761 Views)

★★ Novice

It's not ok, still have terrible difficulties to find a game, servers are empty during the week and even in the week-end we can only play in the evening...

Message 7 of 11 (142,751 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Yes, I'm loving the 2 vs 6 games on cargo. Happening constantly.
Message 8 of 11 (142,713 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yea how quick should I be getting into a game?  I change servers back and forth just trying to get in anywhere.

Message 9 of 11 (142,706 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mate, did you get anywhere with this issue?  I am having same trouble, trawling through maps and servers trying to find something. Any tips welcomed

Message 10 of 11 (142,484 Views)