Re: Help: My son cannot access online features due to his age!

by Hales27

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

@M49BALLS wrote:

SAme issues for my son also. Dont understand why EA is bypassing xbox parent consent. To clear this up why doesnt EA create a parental consent option?! Apparently this issue with children online access has been going on for a few years. EA IS PRETTY DAMN LAME!!!!!!!!!!

The EA parental consent option is a good idea, they should implement that if they don't want to just use the Xbox parental settings.

Message 21 of 28 (944 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I read somewhere of a solution and it worked for me.

I went into my sons Microsoft account, not on the xbox but on the website, there I was able to change his date of birth. Once it was saved I logged back into the xbox loaded his profile and Star Wars connected straight away. One happy little fella.

In order to find the email address associated with his account I opened his profile on the Xbox and in Settings, Sign in, Security & Passkey option. I found the email address.
Once I had the address I logged into his Microsoft Account and under Your Profile, Edit Personal Info I was able to change his Date of Birth.

Hope this helps and works for everyone else.

Message 22 of 28 (917 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Hales27 wrote:

I read somewhere of a solution and it worked for me.

I went into my sons Microsoft account, not on the xbox but on the website, there I was able to change his date of birth. Once it was saved I logged back into the xbox loaded his profile and Star Wars connected straight away. One happy little fella.

In order to find the email address associated with his account I opened his profile on the Xbox and in Settings, Sign in, Security & Passkey option. I found the email address.
Once I had the address I logged into his Microsoft Account and under Your Profile, Edit Personal Info I was able to change his Date of Birth.

Hope this helps and works for everyone else.

When did you try this solution? The only reason I ask is that I don't think it's possible to change the Date of Birth on a Microsoft account anymore. I tried looking for the option on my son's account around the time of posting the opening post and couldn't find it and the Microsoft support chat line said they were unable to change it as well.

Message 23 of 28 (910 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I did this today, 28-12-2015. I am in the UK if that makes a difference. My Sons Microsoft account is not linked to mine it's independent, maybe that's why I could change the DOB
Message 24 of 28 (900 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ive changed my sons age and still nothing, on the phone to EA ( it says my call will be answered in 1 min) ive been on the phone 45Mins and no answer, but the phone down and been waiting for 20 mins and still no answer. They need to remove your AGE from all there games. this will be the last EA game I buy.

Message 25 of 28 (899 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

How dare we decide which games our kids can and can't play?

We should just let EA do it for us.

Message 26 of 28 (890 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@Hales27 wrote:
I did this today, 28-12-2015. I am in the UK if that makes a difference. My Sons Microsoft account is not linked to mine it's independent, maybe that's why I could change the DOB

OK, thanks, I will have to take another look at it. His is linked to mine via the Family settings though so that may be the cause of the problem.

Message 27 of 28 (881 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is an absolute rubbish excuse and it's more like a huge error that EA made that they cannot fix.  If what they are saying is true, then why does my son have no problems playing apex legends, one of the most toxic games out there?  An EA sports HUGE revenue stream with absolutley no filter such as battlefront 2.  We purchased this game knowing what the content is and now my son can't even access 3/4 of the game? What a rip off.

Message 28 of 28 (666 Views)