Re: Game executables have green pause icons

by EA_Atic

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

Not available in Europe yet (unfortunately). I have it preloaded which is enough to notice the bug, though. Game looks amazing from what I've seen so far, can't wait! Standard smile

Message 11 of 18 (1,166 Views)

★★★ Novice

Also having the exact same issue with all Frostbite games I've installed so far.
Everything is up to date software wise and even tried reinstalling the games without any success

Message 12 of 18 (1,149 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have found out that when I output via HDMI to my TV, the icons appear correctly, but when switching to my monitor that uses DisplayPort I get the green pause icons...how peculiar! 

Changing resolutions around does not seem to have any impact so it would seem to me that it has something to do with HDMI/DP output or something with the monitor/tv itself.

Cheers

Message 13 of 18 (1,126 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@SnailfistX

That sounds strange indeed. It so happens that I am also using DisplayPort. Although I am fairly sure that I was using HDMI for my previous monitor and I definitely had the problem back then too.

Message 14 of 18 (1,114 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Where do you type shell:game. im kinda lost here

Message 15 of 18 (992 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@MichaelBaconXxX

Press the Windows + R keys and type in "shell:games".

Message 16 of 18 (980 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Archi Any updates on this issue? It seems to be related to HDMI/DisplayPort. I am using DisplayPort and the issue only started appearing after I got a new monitor, which is connected through DP.
Message 17 of 18 (647 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with SWBF please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

For the "green pause icons" it is related to having windows in a different language that is not English and can cause the game icon to be a "green pause icons".

/Atic
Message 18 of 18 (1,524 Views)