by BmB23

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EVGA GTX 750 1GB Superclocked

★ Novice

FX 6100 

8GB 1866 ddr3 ram

evga gtx 750 1gb superclocked

I can play this game on low settings, no issues game runs smooth and looks good. My question is why am I able to play the game? According to everything I have read I should not be able to play the game at all. Thank you for any help/answers.

Message 1 of 3 (297 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EVGA GTX 750 1GB Superclocked

★ Apprentice

The reason is simple, 750 is quite a good card, and VRAM is not and has never been a hard limit. It will run slower, or even stutter because it has to "page" to system RAM. (chunks of memory called pages will be "swapped" in and out to make room as it is needed, the driver is in charge of making this happen). But it will never not run because of too little VRAM. No such thing, doesn't exist. Hasn't for decades. The same is true for system RAM, as it will then page to the hard drive instead, very slow but it will still run.

The minimum specs are quite overdone compared to how the game actually runs on real world hardware.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (294 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

The reason is simple, 750 is quite a good card, and VRAM is not and has never been a hard limit. It will run slower, or even stutter because it has to "page" to system RAM. (chunks of memory called pages will be "swapped" in and out to make room as it is needed, the driver is in charge of making this happen). But it will never not run because of too little VRAM. No such thing, doesn't exist. Hasn't for decades. The same is true for system RAM, as it will then page to the hard drive instead, very slow but it will still run.

The minimum specs are quite overdone compared to how the game actually runs on real world hardware.

Message 2 of 3 (295 Views)

★ Novice
Thanks for the info very helpful. So I can play fallout 4 and some other newer games also...yay Standard smile
Message 3 of 3 (278 Views)