Re: Dear EA

by -BigWig-AIRMAN

Original Post

Dear EA

★ Apprentice

Dear EA,

You have successfully ruined the game. No, this is not new news or anything that happened for the first time, it has actually been going on for years. You are not banning hackers at all. My job is to report them to you, so then you can “investigate” which is really just deleting all our reports. Why do you even have a customer support team if they aren’t going to do anything? You are paying people to do nothing. Look you can ask anyone what EA cares about most and it is money. Paying people to sit around and not ban hackers or help your customers is just wasting money. You should fire them because they are not doing their job, or just not have a job position where someone does nothing. I have done every single solution you have come up with and guess what? Zero have worked, not because I did something wrong but because you will not do what you promise you will do. You say report them here and we will investigate it. EA_Darko, a community manager, “…if you report a hacker through the appropriate channels then it will be fully investigated…”(If I name a hacker and bring solid evidence will you ban them). Then when I ask about it you say you will not give out details (which I understand) but it is very obvious that my report was NOT investigated because in it I put these fancy little links to YouTube videos of them blatantly hacking. If customer support took the 30 seconds it takes to watch the video then they would see the obvious hacks and ban them, but they do not investigate. Also, you say you do something, but you cannot disclose said information but it is obvious you did not because next time I play I see the hacker. EA_Darko also states “I can assure you that anyone cheating will face TOS action being taken on their account and if you believe that another user is cheating then please use the information in this help article to report them: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/” (Why shouldn't people hack Battlefront 2015?) You can ask literally anyone in the Community and they could give you a list of widely known hackers with solid proof (like one-shotting Heroes from across the map, with guns that cannot even one shot a trooper which has 1/10 the amount of health as a hero.) I have been trying for months to get the hackers banned but you do not do anything. I send you more than enough evidence to ban them but you just ignore it. Why? I have no clue, you tell me. Does your Internet at work block YouTube so you cannot look at the proof? Did you forget how to ban users from a game? There should not even be excuses given at this point, just you do your freaking job, you know, the thing you get paid to do. This message will either get deleted or I’ll get a reply saying EA is sorry for my frustration. Another Community Manager by the name of EA_Archi said, “I am really sorry for those issues with cheaters in the game. Let me assure you, every single report is investigated and measures are taken against cheaters” (HACKERS IN STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT). But I can tell you right now that is in no way shape or form true. You do not care in any way about your customers, so why lie? “Yeah, I do care.” If you actually cared you would do your job and go ban the hackers. Honestly, I think a job at EA would be great. I get to sit around all day and troll customers all day and then get paid to do that. That would be an insanely fun job. Waking up thinking, I wonder who I can troll today and then going out and actually getting to do it. There have been a few hackers for and they still are not banned. Like honestly what is your problem? Why are you unable to do your job? Were you not shown how? If I type into google “why is EA” here are the top autofill results: hated, stock down, so greedy, so evil, a bad company, so terrible, still in business, down, and origin so bad. I wonder how these got here. Oh wait, you built this reputation for yourself. There is no actual way to ban hackers. So, anyone reading this just knows you can start hacking anytime and EA doesn’t care either way. Go get 500 kill games by 1 hit killing from across the map with aimbot and infinite jump packs. Do not worry EA will not ban you, they do not do anything and it has been this way for years. Should you hack? Of course not, it just shows you are absolute trash at the game. Obviously, I am not going to cheat because I am not an idiot that can not get good at a game so I cheat. You wonder why everyone hates EA, it is because you refuse to stop cheaters and do not care about the players. Some people have no morals and once they realize you do not care if they break the rules then there is no way they are going to follow them. The only reason a lot of people in this game do not hack is not that they are afraid of getting banned. It is because they are not babies that will just use hacks because they are garbage. I have asked many people that I have met if they’ve would play either Battlefront 2015 or 2017 with me but they do not and usually, the reason is “too many hackers.” Hey maybe I am wrong and EA Support is not ignoring my reports. If this is the case it means they are complete idiots and have never played the game. So, I am asking is there a 100% chance of a ban for a hacker if I show the footage (privately in a report) of the hacker then of me using the same hand as the hacker and disproving how each kill is not legit, going through one by one wasting my time? I would do it if it meant they get banned, do not doubt that for a second. It would take hours for me to do what I just stated, but I would do it. And what most likely what would happen is you would throw away those hours I just spent with a quick delete. OR you could actually do something like spend a quick minute (that you get paid for) along with the hours I would spend (just for you, for free) and ban the user. I will bet it is really simple banning a user. I honestly do not know what to try, I have done everything you’ve ever asked of me EA and it has gotten me and everyone else nowhere. We have been trying for years to get this done, but now the only people that get banned are not the hackers. It is the people that expose the hackers. If I exposed any hackers here, I would get banned, while the people actually hacking get away scot-free. Do you see how stupid this system is? The only thing I have not tried yet is visiting EA in real life at their headquarters. I have tried every report system available and done so hundreds of times. No one in the community has the ability to do anything. We are all stuck here because EA will not do anything, while the community has tried everything. EA, there are multiple hackers that brag about their hacks in-game and post about them hacking on YouTube. They are so confident you will not do anything, and they happen to be right because you never have and still do not. They are a pain for everyone in the community and then they go insult people in chat and pretend they are good at the game when in reality they have no skill and needed to download hacks in order to win. They literally just join a lobby and get a 500 kill game and kill the lobby. Then they find a new lobby and destroy that one too. It would be nice if you actually cared about the game people have spent lots of money on, but it sucks because you do not care. EA, this is in every single way your fault. What are you going to do, blame the hackers? Say “Oh they just shouldn’t hack.” Well, I would say “Oh, EA should just ban hackers.” You are fully aware of the hacker problems in Star Wars Battlefront 2015 and 2017 you just choose to do nothing about it. It is pretty stupid how you treat this game like garbage, yet it costs even more than Battlefront 2017 on Origin. Why not just do your job? Because you are lazy. Guess what happens when you ban hackers, they might quit or rebuy the game to continue hacking. What does this give you? More money last time I checked. EA needs to stop lying, to both the customers and themselves. I am a player of this game and it is extremely frustrating that almost every 40 player lobby has a hacker. By the time the round ends I am usually wondering which is higher, the hackers KD or the number of reports EA is ignoring, it is usually the latter. Honestly, why is it even a feature if it does nothing? I’ve heard rumors that customer support cannot ban hackers, that they just verify reports and send them off to higher ranking people (I think devs.) If this is true you should give customer support the ability to ban, because a week ago they seemed very eager to ban me for exposing/shaming hackers. Again, EA_Darko is back at it, “From here on out, any sharing of videos or naming of users and accusing them of cheating or linking to cheating sites will result in bans.” (If I name a hacker and bring solid evidence will you ban them). Come on man, I am trying to do my job, report the hackers and I went to your forums. Why did I go to your forums? Because you throw away all my reports and nobody sees them. I have wasted so much time trying to help you so that you could fulfill your promises. I am trying to help you do your job. I would be fine dedicating my time to reporting each one individually with proof even a child could understand, only if it ensured they get banned. But from the past few years of me and many other players reporting with no results, it is plain as day that you do not ban and ignore all reports. EA is a joke, you just troll members and then put on a serious face when confronted about it. Then in response to accusations about never listening, you bring up that you removed microtransactions from Battlefront 2017 because the community asked you to and you listen to the community. It was definitely not that the game would have failed utterly if you failed to do this. Even if the change was made because you listen to players, you cannot just listen to feedback once then permanently claim you listen to feedback. That is the equivalent of me signing up at a gym but never going then claiming I work out. If I was making those claims and not going to the gym people would notice that I am obviously lying because there has been no change in my body. The same goes for you, everyone can tell you are lying. Especially when you make claims like I showed earlier of you confidently assuring that you ban all users that cheat while all the players know this is untrue because we deal with them on a weekly or in some cases daily basis. Why do you not ban when there is proof, clear as day, of someone hacking? Either everyone is a complete idiot (which I doubt, because you made a great game) or you guys are lazy. That only leaves laziness left. EA please actually do something, though I’m pretty sure all you will do is delete this post.

Works Cited

“If I name a hacker and bring solid evidence will you ban them?” Answers HQ Web forum, 13 March 2019.https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/If-I-name-a-hacker-and-bring-solid-evidence-will-you-ba...

“HACKERS IN STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT” Answers HQ Web forum, August 2017. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/HACKERS-IN-STAR-WARS-BATTLEFRONT/m-p/5823932#M18646

“Why shouldn't people hack Battlefront 2015?” Answers HQ Web forum, October 2018. https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Why-shouldn-t-people-hack-Battlefront-2015/m-p/7120477#...

Message 1 of 5 (1,036 Views)

★ Novice

Preach it bro. 

Message 2 of 5 (990 Views)

★ Novice
As one of the best players in the game I can confirm this is a daily issue for me.

Players falsely think I am hacking and then have against me and others, or there are just full out hackers that have infinite everything and can one shot you through walls and shields.

I even saw someone with imperial skin on the revels side with hero abilities as their star cards.
It's getting ridiculous how much I have reported players for cheating.

Everyone in this game knows there is no point in reporting players because EA doesn't care and won't do anything.
Message 3 of 5 (986 Views)

★★ Novice

I totally agree. Any regular in this game has given up reporting players because we know it NEVER works. The same person (who is doing obvious hacks, such as unlimited jetpack with oneshot from all the way across the map, or using a hero hand on a 12-player cargo map) will show up day after day. The game is in such a bad place right now with EA not giving a crap.

Message 4 of 5 (981 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I agree 100%, when the game developers stop caring the game just gets worse and worse and stuff like this happens, it's a serious problem that EA needs to do something about

Message 5 of 5 (926 Views)