Re: Can you play Battlefront PC with Xbox Controller?

by Indys2nd

Original Post

Can you play Battlefront PC with Xbox Controller?

★★★★★ Newbie

I am looking for information on the newest battlefront game, Battlefront (2015). I heard that it possible to hook up a gaming controller (like a Xbox or PS) controller and use it to play games. I was wondering if this is, in fact, true, and if it is if I could use it to play Battlefront. If this is possible I would appreciate step-by-step instructions on how to do so and the best kind of controller to use for playing the game. Thank you!

Message 1 of 4 (9,238 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@CoryTrevor41 A wired Xbox 360 controller should work fine, avoid PlayStation controllers for PC gaming. They are not easy to set up and don't work properly.

Message 2 of 4 (9,222 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I use a controller to play some of my games with on pc. My controller is compatible with both xbox and pc. I use my controller for everything but shooting, as there is no aim assist on pc. For that part, I use a mouse. 

Message 3 of 4 (9,213 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@CoryTrevor41

Yes you can defiantly use a controller with this game.  I would highly advise an Xbox brand controller, either a wired Xbox 360 or Xbox One.  Personally I use an Xbox One controller because I prefer the feel vs the 360, but I do have a wired 360 controller too.

I love using mine for vehicles while on PC, and use M / KB for infantry.  Usually to swap in-between M / KB and controller, all you have to do is hit a key or two on the keyboard, or a couple buttons on the controller and the input will switch.

As far as set up, Xbox controllers are very simple, plug-and-play.  Just plug it in, it will download the drivers automatically (if on Win10, the drivers are actually pre-installed).

I also agree with @MorningTimeCloud to stay away from PS controllers as they do not work well with PC gaming and are extremely problematic setting up and getting them to work.

Did my post help you? Click "Grant XP"
Did my post solve your issue? Click "Accept As Solution"

I do not work for EA. I am just a gamer helping fellow gamers.

See you on the Battlefield!!!

Multi-Platform Elite Race: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4

I DO NOT ANSWER PMs. IF YOU NEED HELP, POST A NEW THREAD SO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY CAN GIVE INPUT, AND IF IT GETS SOLVED, EVERYONE CAN SEE THE SOLUTION.

Message 4 of 4 (9,199 Views)