Can I play a Multi-Player game if nobody else is playing the game?

by TheJesterGuy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can I play a Multi-Player game if nobody else is playing the game?

★★ Novice

Hello - Just a little background first. - I am brand new to Multi-Player games. - I've always played single player only, because, honestly, I'm not really all that good, compared to most people. - But I own Star Wars Battlefront, and I recently purchased the new expansion packs, (Death Star, Bespin, Outer Rim & Rogue One). At first, the games didn't even work, but then I learned that I also had to buy a Season Pass before I would be able to play them. So I bought the Season Pass. - After all that, now I discover that these expansion packs are Multi-Player games, (I didn't know that before I got them), and apparently, I still can't play them until the machine finds 15 more people who want to play it at the same time I want to play it. - So far, in all my hours of waiting for more players to join in, only one person has ever showed up, and even he got tired of waiting after a while and he bailed out too. - (Don't blame him). - So anyway - I have yet to play even one of these games. - So here's my 2 questions. - Soccer ball - How can I play a Multi-Player game if nobody else is playing the game? - and Football - Can a Multi-Player game be played as a Single-Player? - ............ (Or did I just waste a bunch of money on games that I can't even play?)

Message 1 of 5 (1,699 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can I play a Multi-Player game if nobody else is playing the game?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Hello @TheJesterGuy,

You can't play alone in these DLC (Death star, rogue one....). And I have the same probleme, I can't play on these DLC because we don't have the good number of player to start. BUT With the time, and a lot of try, you can find a game on one of these DLC..... You need to be patient... You can play on these DLC in the private game, you need to make a private game and you need to be 2 players minimum. In this private game you can play just with your friends but you can play on the DLC map and the DLC mod.

When you have buy the all DLC, you have unlock the contract of Jabba for a lot of new weapons and star cards, go and see it !Wink AND you have unlock new heroes like Chewbacca and Bossk and you can play these all heroes in the Offline mods !

I expect I have answer your question,

Sincerely,

FireTrooper501

PS : I'm French, so sorry for my English errors.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,635 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Hello @TheJesterGuy,

You can't play alone in these DLC (Death star, rogue one....). And I have the same probleme, I can't play on these DLC because we don't have the good number of player to start. BUT With the time, and a lot of try, you can find a game on one of these DLC..... You need to be patient... You can play on these DLC in the private game, you need to make a private game and you need to be 2 players minimum. In this private game you can play just with your friends but you can play on the DLC map and the DLC mod.

When you have buy the all DLC, you have unlock the contract of Jabba for a lot of new weapons and star cards, go and see it !Wink AND you have unlock new heroes like Chewbacca and Bossk and you can play these all heroes in the Offline mods !

I expect I have answer your question,

Sincerely,

FireTrooper501

PS : I'm French, so sorry for my English errors.

Message 2 of 5 (1,636 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thanx for the tips @FireTrooper501 -

And sorry for the delay in responding, but I only just now saw your message. - My "Notifications" thingy on my Account Page keeps saying that I have no notifications and I couldn't even figure out how to get back to where I originally posted this question. - LOL!! - I finally saw your message just now, as I was cleaning out my "Spam" folder, and there it was! - (go figger!)

Anyway - Like I mentioned before, I'm kinda new to this "Multi-Player" thing. I've always just played Single-Player, and so don't have any "Friends" on here and not sure how to go about making friends on here. - (I'm shy) - But maybe you and I could play sometime, if you have time. - I've played Bespin and Jaba's Palace on earlier versions of Battlefront and I'm just real curious to see how these new Expansions look. -- Just give me a shout any time if ya wanna play!

P.S. - I'll forgive your English if you please Pardon my MF'n French. - HAHA!!

>{;-D

Message 3 of 5 (1,593 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm happy to help you !:eahigh_file:

Sorry, I don't play with unknow players..... but you can put me in your answer hq friends, like this, when you have a question (for the Hutt contract for exemple) you can send me a private message.

May the Force be with you,Wink

FireTrooper501

PS : I forgive your French !Thinking

Wink

Message 4 of 5 (1,581 Views)

★★ Novice

I understand. - 

Thanx anyway, for the help. - It is appreciated!

Message 5 of 5 (1,575 Views)