Re: Bypassing Driver requirement for launch

by SquiggyMcPew

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bypassing Driver requirement for launch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello

I'm running an older ATI Radeon graphics card with drivers that aren't being updated anymore but it's been able to run both BF4 and DA:I okay even tho it's not within the requirement limit.

Unfortunately I have been unable to try out if it can run Battlefront since Origin doesn't allow me to open the game because my drivers are too old (even tho it's the newest ones that are available).

I am wondering if there is a way to bypass this babysitting mechanic so I can try it out even if it's likely to perform badly.

I'm on Windows 7 if that matters.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 7 (7,050 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Guide

Hello ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ,

Well m8 the thing with a HIGH end game like this is, you really need best drivers and a really good card... i myself have a GeForce GTX 770 and i have a little problems on medium/high settings with all newest drivers. With an older card even a GeForce 610 the game will instantly crash or even give your pc a bluescreen since all your GPU memory will be used to booth the game and everything will be shutdown. So it is propably best for you and your machine to not bypass this safety feature. Just check out videos on the internet or watch someone streaming the game.

I will see you on the battlefield!
Koen

◢◤▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬◢◤

Please accept a solution if your issue is solved. XP is also appreciated
I don't work or have any association with EA
Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM.

Accepteer een oplossing als het probleem verholpen is. XP is altijd welkom en is altijd fijn om te krijgen. Ik werk niet voor EA of doe iets samen met EA. Vragen horen hier op het Answer HQ en niet in mijn PM box.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (8,344 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

Hello ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ,

Well m8 the thing with a HIGH end game like this is, you really need best drivers and a really good card... i myself have a GeForce GTX 770 and i have a little problems on medium/high settings with all newest drivers. With an older card even a GeForce 610 the game will instantly crash or even give your pc a bluescreen since all your GPU memory will be used to booth the game and everything will be shutdown. So it is propably best for you and your machine to not bypass this safety feature. Just check out videos on the internet or watch someone streaming the game.

Koen

Please accept a solution if your issue is solved. XP is also appreciated
I don't work or have any association with EA
Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM.

Accepteer een oplossing als het probleem verholpen is. XP is altijd welkom en is altijd fijn om te krijgen. Ik werk niet voor EA of doe iets samen met EA. Vragen horen hier op het Answer HQ en niet in mijn PM box.

Message 2 of 7 (8,345 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for your response, I found proper help somewhere else tho, was able to bypass the requirement but could only run about 10fps on lowest settings so I guess I have to upgrade my 6 year old card to be able to play this at launch.

Thanks for the answer tho.

Message 3 of 7 (7,028 Views)

★★★ Newbie

And if anyone has the same problem I simply changed a value in regedit to fake having a higher driver version - It's only used for checking which version you have, doesn't influence the performance in any way. 

For my ATI card it was under: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class and then I searched for Catalyst_Version and changed the value from 13.9 to 15.7 and then it ran the game. That should be enough info for someone to google a solution for their own card.

Message 4 of 7 (7,020 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Bypassing the driver requirement for Lenovo Y50-70's will become an interesting topic since Star Wars Battlefront now requires GTX860m users to be using 1 or the 3 most recent driver updates from Nvidia that basically cause systems to hard lock whenever a game is played.

Message 5 of 7 (6,978 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Can you post a link or how you bypassed it?

Message 6 of 7 (6,939 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Aspera-SuPeRAaP wrote:

Hello ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ,

Koen

I'm curious what cpu you run because I can run the game on near full ultra with only shadows on low and ambient occlusion off at 60 fps 1080p on a gtx560 and i5 4670k. Looks stunning and plays smooth as butter.

Message 7 of 7 (6,936 Views)