Battlefront , empty servers, cant play at all online!

by mckillic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefront , empty servers, cant play at all online!

★★★ Novice

I've bought the game a couple days ago, i was able to play multiplayer and all, and suddenly, no more games found for me. Absolutely zip. NONE, zero!
i haven't bought a game thats mainly multiplayer to play the frikin training stupid missions. I bought it to have a really good star wars experience with amazing graphics playing online.
I've read that it isnt just me thats having trouble with the EA selecting your servers with uknown criteria to us players. Sometimes, i think, i should have some freedom to choose what server would i like to play, because SOMETIMES not so many people have the game, and thus, there arent many players online and the fact that im from South America tells me that it could be some kind of racist joke EA is pulling on us, as we should ONLY play with Brazil and Argentina (im argentinian), which are the only countries able to sustain a steady ammount of players. BUT, as the game is new, and, not everyone is able to buy season pass, i wish i could play in american servers, like i did in battlefield 4 when it launched. Being able to select the servers in which i want to play, means i can choose the way i want to play it, so what if i want to play in a 180 ms pinged server? I NEVER HAD MAJOR ISSUES DOING SO IN ANY OF THE OTHER GAMES, battlefield 3 and battlefield 4, for i.e.

If there's a way to fix this, please EA, do it, because as a customer, i'm feeling quite scammed by your actions, i bought a game to play online, and i can't.
Oh , by the way, the sound keeps crashing after a few matches, you had your BETA, fix it.

Message 1 of 32 (28,313 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefront , empty servers, cant play at all online!

★★★ Newbie

Ok, I had the same problem but have found that if I set up port forwarding as per the link below then magically I can now find servers with people on them:

https://help.ea.com/en/article/online-ports-star-wars-battlefront/ 

There are plenty of articles on the internet on how to set up port forwarding but here is one example:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/244314/how_to_forward_ports_on_your_router.html

View in thread

Message 8 of 32 (35,765 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

For god sake!! I just want to play the game I bought! EA at least say something! I find many complaints and none answer!

Message 2 of 32 (28,187 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Agreed.......This is unacceptable. All we get is silence. Not good enough. A server browser would fix the issue...and yet.....silence. Appalling!!!!

Message 3 of 32 (28,149 Views)

★ Novice

I have played a good amount of time and have not had any problems with server population. I live in the EU area. No problem until now that is.
I have a realy hard time finding games, the only game mode I could find today to play was supremasy.
I have paid for the ultimate edition, but it seems a waste of good money to EA/Dice. Either the game is broken or the player base is already dead. Why oh why did I pay for future dlc's when the game seems to be abanomed already. If it is not, there is a technical problem preventing customers from playing this game properly online.

Message 4 of 32 (28,141 Views)

★★★ Novice

I too have the same problem.

Can connect only to the fighter (X-wing/Tie) arena......but all the other rooms (hand to hand combat).....I can no longer connect to a match. 

They need to fix this.

Message 5 of 32 (28,130 Views)

★★★ Novice

I stand corrected...........now I cannot join ANY multiplayer match. It searches....80%...70%...all the way to me, sitting in a room alone.

- The game has worked flawlessly since installed in November.

- Over the past few days, it has become increasing difficult to join a match. Most arenas will scan scan 90...80...70%.....till nothing.

- I was able to join Fighter Squadron......but no longer. ALL rooms appear to be empty.

The only thing that I changed on my end........... was I installed the "Battle of Jakku". Come to think of it.......that is right around the same time, the rooms started to appear to be empty.

I sure hope someone finds a cure for this problem. The game is no good to me, if there is no multiplayer.

Message 6 of 32 (28,121 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I live in the United States, I bought the game yesterday for the PC, and just sat there waiting to join, so I asked for a refund today. I do not believe the game is worth the money EA is asking for its current state. If EA will change how to chose what server you would like to join, then I will purchase it again. Also the spawn points need looking into. In my personal opinion, this game was not made for the PC, it was ported from the consoles.

Message 7 of 32 (28,113 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok, I had the same problem but have found that if I set up port forwarding as per the link below then magically I can now find servers with people on them:

https://help.ea.com/en/article/online-ports-star-wars-battlefront/ 

There are plenty of articles on the internet on how to set up port forwarding but here is one example:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/244314/how_to_forward_ports_on_your_router.html

Message 8 of 32 (35,766 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree, a server browser such as the BF4 one would be ideal. At least would be able to find A game if not the type you were after.

Message 9 of 32 (28,018 Views)

★★ Novice

Same just happened to me. I have 9 hours of playing experience in this game and no problems. But for the first time today BOOM! Nothing. No players anywhere. Can't join a game. Searching and searching and searching and no one exists in the entire world according to this bulΙshιt

Message 10 of 32 (27,948 Views)