Battlefront - Extreme slow loading / connectivity issue

by ShadowWolfQc125

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefront - Extreme slow loading / connectivity issue

★★★ Novice

Hi,

I am having issues with any Origin game thats needs to connect online (Battlefield 4 and Star Wars Battlefront in this case). The games will take forever to load anything, there is extremely bad lag in the menus and in the whole game from loading a level to just launch the game. The EA logo and all will appear, I get to the press space to start, no lag here until I get in the meny and it says "connecting" from this point on, lag makes the game impossible to use.

If I put Origin in offline mode, everything is back to normal and I am then able to launch the games, browse the menus and play single player without any problems but as soon as I'm connecting it will start to lag so much that clicking anything takes about 1 to 3 minutes to do anything.

I've tried running Origin in R&D mode, disabled all notifications and Origin in game on all games, reinstalled Origin, disabled Antivirus and firewall, put my router in DMZ, repaired the game, reinstalled drivers, disabled the cloud storage options, nothing changes.

I have no issues with other games like on Steam for example, only issue comes from origin (the client) and not the games as if I put Origin offline, games work just fine but of course can't be played...which is a problem with Battlefield 4.

Downloads are extremely slow in Origin in any case, I have a 60mbps connection and I can barely get to 900ko  to 1.1mb a second downloads. Nothing seems to be able to fix the problem and I'm starting to think they are related.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro X64. The games are currently on a velociraptor drive but the issue remains the same if I move them to my SSD.

Specs : Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5Ghz

16gb DDR4 memory

Geforce GTX 980Ti

Hope someone as found a solution to this issue,  I start to feel pretty desperate.

Thanks,

Message 1 of 9 (29,829 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefront - Extreme slow loading / connectivity issue

★★★ Novice

The game used to take longer to load for me until recently, as I've fixed a couple of other seemingly unrelated problems I've noticed loading as also improved, more like as it used to be.

I was suffering very bad input lag with the mouse, stuttering when ever I turned to look anywhere. Turned off HPET in BIOS, stopped the lag, perhaps some general running speed improvement. That introduced random lock ups and temporary freezing in SWBF. Solved that by right clicking on the taskbar, select Start Task Manager, and once you have started to run the game, under the Process tab right click on the starwarsbattlefront.exe, and under Set Priority select Above Normal. Battlefront hasn't frozen once since. Setting it to High didn't help and only re-introduced the stuttering mouse. Above Normal priority worked. I've also not had any connectivity problems or too long loading times since either. Maybe there's something in there to help.

View in thread

Message 5 of 9 (30,809 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

Exact same * problem, I was able to play last week and the problem is back with no reason. They won't fix it, I'm looking for a solution since january but I'm afraid there's none

Message 2 of 9 (29,763 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't know why, but when I reset my internet box, I can play to the game for a few days without issues, and then the slow loading came back

Message 3 of 9 (29,699 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i know how you guys feel Confused

Message 4 of 9 (29,687 Views)

★★★ Novice

The game used to take longer to load for me until recently, as I've fixed a couple of other seemingly unrelated problems I've noticed loading as also improved, more like as it used to be.

I was suffering very bad input lag with the mouse, stuttering when ever I turned to look anywhere. Turned off HPET in BIOS, stopped the lag, perhaps some general running speed improvement. That introduced random lock ups and temporary freezing in SWBF. Solved that by right clicking on the taskbar, select Start Task Manager, and once you have started to run the game, under the Process tab right click on the starwarsbattlefront.exe, and under Set Priority select Above Normal. Battlefront hasn't frozen once since. Setting it to High didn't help and only re-introduced the stuttering mouse. Above Normal priority worked. I've also not had any connectivity problems or too long loading times since either. Maybe there's something in there to help.

Message 5 of 9 (30,810 Views)

★★★ Novice

Along with the above solution which might help a bit, you could also try a program like this, to add a save priority option so you don't have to adjust the program priority every time you run it:

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-permanently-set-process-priority-in-windows-task-manager/

Message 6 of 9 (29,515 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's no different on the Xbox One. The loading is terrible.

Message 7 of 9 (29,481 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Try modding, When i run Battlefront 2 throug frosty mod manager loading times are significantly better. Solved the problem for me.

Message 8 of 9 (12,595 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with SWBF please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 9 of 9 (11,874 Views)