Re: AUDIO CUTTING OUT FIX PLEASE

by EA_David

Original Post

AUDIO CUTTING OUT FIX PLEASE

★ Apprentice

Need Help with an Audio bug. I'll be playing for anything between 1 and 3 maps then the sound will cut off and stay cut off all accept for the music. I have checked at least 20 websites all asking the same question is there a fix for this and apparently it's consoles having this issue as well but no one has heard anything back from the DEVS.

Can we get a response from someone on the matter please!!!

Message 1 of 70 (29,322 Views)

Community Manager

@DustyHoffman85 Hey, can you take the steps below and let us know if they help?

Go to Control Panel > Sound.

Select your device and choose Properties. Check the enhancements tab and disable any enhancements that are active.

Then go to the Advanced tab and set the quality to "16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality)"

Hit Apply then launch the game and please check again. 

Thank you. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 70 (29,270 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Does bring back the audio but then the audio starts cracking....

Message 3 of 70 (29,262 Views)

★ Apprentice

will check now see if it works

Message 4 of 70 (29,258 Views)

★ Apprentice

That has seemed to work for the last 4 games which is further than i have made it so far I will repost if it repeats and the settings are the same.

Message 5 of 70 (29,245 Views)

★ Guide

I have the same issue. I'm trying out if the suggested fix might help. Will report back after some testing.

Message 6 of 70 (29,234 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue here and this didn't fix it

Message 7 of 70 (29,227 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I have this issue after I alt+tab out of the game. It's not very often and also not 100% reproducable.

Audio device is Realtek HD with SoundBlaster X-fi MB drivers.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 70 (29,224 Views)

★★ Novice

There is actually several threads running about this issue.  One suggests to turn off Origin in game.  That worked for me for a period then the issues started up again.  I was wondering what output source people are using.  I am using USB headset and was wondering if those using motherboard ports were having the same issue.  They probably are as it seems to be an in game driver issue as the sound tends to die in multiplayer only and in a games load screen for me.  Its a longshot thought Standard smile.

Message 9 of 70 (29,219 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem. Sounds are just dissaperar after 1 or 2 games. In fact, music still playing, map sounds playing, but no weapon, footsteps etc.

Message 10 of 70 (29,202 Views)