AMD Athlon X4 860K same as i3??

by MindOgreMatter

Original Post

AMD Athlon X4 860K same as i3??

★ Novice

was wondering if a AMD Athlon X4 860K would meet minimum requirements.

Message 1 of 7 (482 Views)

Re: AMD Athlon X4 860K same as i3??

★★★★★ Expert

For a given number of cores, the efficiency lead of an Intel CPU over an AMD is about 400, maybe even 500  MHz. so a 3.7 GHz AMD Quad and a 3.3 GHz Intel Quad are about the same. 

Message 2 of 7 (476 Views)

★ Novice

But do you think the AMD Athlon X4 860K will work for battlefront?

Message 3 of 7 (469 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

You tell me: what are its base speeds (cores) and any Turbo speeds?  I have no charts to look that up here.  This is the player community website.  You have to do most of the WORK that is done around here, yourself. 

Message 4 of 7 (466 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@MindOgreMatter

I looked up some stats about your processor and it is a bit "iffy".  It seems like it MAY have a chance to run this game, but I'm not 100% sure if it will.  It is right on the fence of either being able to or not.  If it does, it will be a huge bottleneck and you will see alot of stuttering or freezing.  If you want to test it out, you can always buy the game on the Origin Store, and if your system cannot handle the game, you have the Great Game Guarantee to return the game.  Make sure you read the terms of the Guarantee, however.

My gut is leaning towards NO, but you can always give it a try if you like.

Did my post help you? Click "Grant XP"
Did my post solve your issue? Click "Accept As Solution"

I do not work for EA. I am just a gamer helping fellow gamers.

See you on the Battlefield!!!

Multi-Platform Elite Race: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4

I DO NOT ANSWER PMs. IF YOU NEED HELP, POST A NEW THREAD SO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY CAN GIVE INPUT, AND IF IT GETS SOLVED, EVERYONE CAN SEE THE SOLUTION.

Message 5 of 7 (459 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@MindOgreMatter 

You've received a couple of responses and haven't acknowledged the latest of them. 

Message 6 of 7 (446 Views)

★ Novice

Sorry, thank you guys for answering my question, i just ended up with an i5 gtx750 ti setup instead. Standard smile

Message 7 of 7 (439 Views)