Re: Error 201 I’m not able to play online

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error 201 whenever I try to play a different game mode

★ Novice

Picked up the game a couple of days ago and this issue has been constant ever since. I can load up the game and get into a battle just fine and as long as I press the matchmaking button at the end of  the game I can get into the next one just fine, however if I quit to the main menu at any time, when I then try to get into another game it will say game found and give me the loading screen but after the loading screen I get returned to the main menu and along comes this error, even if its the same mode I just came out of, the only way to get back into a game after quitting is the quit and relaunch, which I'm fairly confident isn't normal. If anyone knows anything that might be of help, that would be much appreciated 

Message 1 of 10 (12,381 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

EA DICE Team

For 201 error it means that network disconnected somewhere between the players and our servers.

I recommend that you take a look on our connectivity guide!  @Beeks696969  @SpiritwordX  @Bravo-November7  @Bigtruck71 

/Atic 

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (12,158 Views)

All Replies

Re: Error 201 whenever I try to play a different game mode

Hero

Have you tried searching for "Error 201"? Multiple existing posts...

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 2 of 10 (12,348 Views)

★ Novice

Yes, that was the first thing I looked up, but none of them had the same issue situation with the error and the solutions to those have had no effect on my issue

Message 3 of 10 (12,340 Views)

★ Novice

I just got error code 201 WHILE PLAYING !!! In the middle of an online match screen froze but sound was still working, only it was stuck on the last sound(s) that had happened. Eventually kicked out of game, back to home screen then splash screen said to check ea.com/unable-to-connect Error code 201. 

Been having alot of trouble getting game to load when inserting disc, also! Says it needs to read the license for game. Ive had this game over a year. Didnt have this issue til anout 2 or 3 months.  This issue has been getting worse over past couple of months!!!

The most common errors I'm getting is about connection..?? Not having ANY issues with all my other games. Sometimes I cant even get the game to load/startup without having to restart the system with the disc inserted already. 

Any idea what this is???

Message 4 of 10 (12,329 Views)

Unable to connect error code 201. HELP!!!

★ Novice

I just got error code 201 WHILE PLAYING !!! In the middle of an online match screen froze but sound was still working, only it was stuck on the last sound(s) that had happened. Eventually kicked out of game, back to home screen then splash screen said to check ea.com/unable-to-connect Error code 201. 

Been having alot of trouble getting game to load when inserting disc, also! Says it needs to read the license for game. Ive had this game over a year. Didnt have this issue til anout 2 or 3 months.  This issue has been getting worse over past couple of months!!!

The most common errors I'm getting is about connection..?? Not having ANY issues with all my other games. Sometimes I cant even get the game to load/startup without having to restart the system with the disc inserted already. I've checked my internet connection..everything is good on both ends. Like I said before, not having ANY issues with other games/discs. The disc is not dirty or scratched  

Any idea what this is???

Message 5 of 10 (12,348 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This repeated Error 201 is still happening on the PS4. It seems to happen still near the end of multiplayer games. Especially Galactic Assault. My internet connection is fine and the error never happens while playing CS and Co-Op. The maps that seem affected most by this error are the larger maps, especially Geonosis. And I have a digital copy of the game, no disc.

I made a post about this problem a month ago. Got response from EA, but no solution.

Message 6 of 10 (12,259 Views)

Error 201 I’m not able to play online

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Download speed 106.84mbps

upload speed 10.76mbps

packet loss 0%
mtu 1480

latency 27 ms

Every time I try to play and multiplayer match on Star Wars battlefront 2 I get kicked after about 20-30 seconds with error code 201 which satiates I have connectivity issues which is not the case I never lag out of any multiplayer matches ever on about 30-40 other video games but battlefront 2 I can’t play more than 20-30 seconds I contacted support they said it’s on my end someone please help

Message 7 of 10 (12,265 Views)
Highlighted

EA DICE Team

For 201 error it means that network disconnected somewhere between the players and our servers.

I recommend that you take a look on our connectivity guide!  @Beeks696969  @SpiritwordX  @Bravo-November7  @Bigtruck71 

/Atic 

Message 8 of 10 (12,159 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I reinstalled battlefront 2 and it will not let me load into a game it keeps saying error 201 

Message 9 of 10 (10,645 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Star Wars: Battlefront II, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 10 of 10 (10,498 Views)