Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Will there be another pga tour game created soon?

by YaYa42anslow

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Will there be another pga tour game created soon?

★★★★ Novice
I’d like to see another pga tour game created. Rory mcilroy was a good game but it’s been 3 years now. Nothing will come remotely close to tiger woods pga tour over the years. Now that the great man himself is returning to competitive action surely a game mode with him in it will boost sales? Not to mention how many people(like myself) would be excited for this
Message 1 of 12 (7,009 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Will there be another pga tour game created soon?

Community Manager

@YaYa42anslow I'm not aware of any plans for another PGA game but should I hear anything I'll update this thread. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (10,396 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@YaYa42anslow I'm not aware of any plans for another PGA game but should I hear anything I'll update this thread. 

Message 2 of 12 (10,397 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I hope there will be though. I’ve had great fun playing this over the years!, I hope to see one created soon.
Message 3 of 12 (6,952 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I would like to have another Rory Mcilory or Tiger woods PGA Tour game created also. It has been awhile. When it was tiger woods, EA Sports created one every year. Hopefully they add tiger woods this time. How do we get it out there, that gamers want another PGA tour golf game or eveb more updates for Rory Mcilory's? Not that Rory Mcilory's is not decent, but It's good to have a different golf game or different golfers. Can golfers and courses be added to Rory Mcilory's PGA golf game for PS4? Maybe more updates would help, like more golfers and more courses added. maybe even tiger woods.

Message 4 of 12 (6,811 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I was a credited beta tester for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 which was a phenomenal game for its time.  I purchase 2 subsequent versions but neither could match what 2004 offered in several areas, and after the last one I started ignoring new releases of the franchise.  Fast forward to one month ago when we (brother and I, he also was a credited TW2004 beta tester) bought Rory McIlroy PGA Tour.   We're shockingly impressed w/ the following, w/ the game on Xbox One X at 4K:

• The Frostbite engine is nothing short of miraculous in terms of immersion!
  • Player animations are the first in the entire EA golf series that truly look like their real life players, instead of Toy Story animations--fantastic work!  Though the post-shot animations could have been shorter, and less frequent, and all would have enjoyed this!
  • The course and player repertoire is decent, even though limited to a degree.

I've heard the discussion regarding lack of profitability in golf sims by EA hence they've 'dissolved the golf game development team'.    I hope EA is relooking at this in a big way.  Rory was an incredible base package of the new version of the game.  So many elements of it are excellent.  Rather than discard all of that work, the Frosbite migration, all of it, I would encourage EASports to add a little more content and the game could have a future WITH LOW DEVELOPMENT COSTS, by comparison to what it must have taken w/ Rory.   Most of the critiques of the game are centered on the idea the game was fabulous for what it was, but did not contain the depth of content that the final versions of the Tiger Woods series did, so there was disappointment around that.   A few believe the game is too easy to beat but when challenged to prove it, they wilted away, so I don't buy their opinion on this issue. 

I feel a few more key courses of which have already been done but would need ported over and you know which ones they are (Augusta, Pebble, Spyglass to name a few), and a few more key PGA players, and perhaps disconnect from the Rory name and any other single player and go instead w/ just PGA Tour 2020.  There you go, EA Sports PGA Tour 2020.   A dynamic weather engine once again could be fabulous, and that's been done already too as you know.  If not that, a little more work on the weather engine including wet weather options would be terrific.   A few other minor tweaks for example allowing the player to move reposition themselves on the tee box is important for realism as a simulator and we used it regularly in TW2004. 

So to stop w/ what is nothing short of an amazing platform, and put it to bed forever, is just plain sad and terribly disappointing to me.  If you had to start from scratch, I can see it, but not now, the game is way too good to stop development in.  The Frostbite engine, the great commentary from Nobilo & Lerner, and incredibly well done player animations are way too good to give up on!

Message 5 of 12 (6,622 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I read the other day that Golf Club 2019 is possibly getting authentic course licenses (minimal) and apparel rights like UA so we'll see if that puts any pressure on EA to get a game out in the next couple years. 

I 100% agree that the game had a solid framework, but lacked the depth that TW '14 finished with on last gen consoles (i.e all 4 majors, massive course library in the game/DLC, and robust create a golfer). The game should be called EA Sport PGA Tour and release March 2019. Golf is one of those games where if you can nail down the physics, there really doesn't need to be further iterations of the game other than maybe enhancing graphics, modes, courses, and apparel which could be available via patches or DLC updates. 

Message 6 of 12 (6,596 Views)

★★★ Newbie

To start with, I am a very avid golfer in real life(over 100 rds played per yr and a 2.5 handicap index). I’m also an avid gamer with 30 yrs experience playing golf games, dating back to Mario/Luigi Nintendo golf. I have owned every golf game ever made by EA, dating back to the original PGA Tour Sega game. I’ve always been a huge tiger fan and have owned each yr’s TW PGA Tour game. I like the Rory game and play 4 daily online tourneys most days. The only problem I have with the games are that are now too easy and a little ridiculous in both how far u can hit it and how ez it is to score(I’ve shot -38 for 18 holes in a daily online tourney). In my opinion, the best game(s) was the original EA PGA Tour, PGA Tour II, and European Tour on Sega. The reason they were so great was the realism as the best a person could possibly shoot was -8 or 9. Golf is very difficult and it’d b wonderful if EA could develop a more realistic game where it’d b harder to spin it out of the rough and simply just b more like real golf...just my 2 cents worth!

Message 7 of 12 (5,412 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just curious Prillam2, do you have Tiger Woods 14 for Xbox 360 or PS3?  If so, have you ever played it in full simulation mode?  It is extremely challenging. I struggle just to break par and I'm pretty good at video golf games.  Like you, I have probably owned every video golf game ever made and that goes back to the Commodore 64 up to The Golf Club 2 on Xbox One.  Looking forward to the release of The Golf Club 2019 which is supposed to be available in August.

Message 8 of 12 (5,326 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not only will they not come out with a new pga tour game. They stopped ea services for all pga games. I am playing through masters 2013 even though without the ea support i will never be able to complete the game or unlock the required courses to fully enjoy the package. I am extremely disappointed with ea sports for dropping support. I never thought they would abandon paying customers! I am looking forward to the new "The Golf Club 2019" NOT AN EA SPORTS GAME!

Message 9 of 12 (4,937 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

[Petition removed - CM]

Message 10 of 12 (3,577 Views)

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help