Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Entering a name to a new fresh golfer bugged with strange characters?

by dh122486

Original Post

Entering a name to a new fresh golfer bugged with strange characters?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello here,

I Have a problem when I am creating a new golfer with the name. I go to the pro tour, create new golfer and then I would like to change the default name but something strange appear. I know I am not alone. I already created a topic in general discussion about that and see that I was not alone with this problem. @themack55

What I do:
I deleted the current default name. I have the keyboard with letter and when I try to put the name I want, something strange appear, like strange characters and not letters like (ABCDEF...) . It shows something I could say chinese letters or symbols. (I do not know sry)

You can see the problem in this pictures:

First Image:

https://imgur.com/auZPZuF

Second Image:

https://imgur.com/a/fOcez

What I already did after talking to the chat team:

1) I already sent an email to the support and they told me to contact the chat support

2) I already chat with the support team twice:

* First try: They asked me to fully uninstall the game and reinstall completly the game (40Go). I did it and It did not fix the problem. Still strange character

* Second try: They asked me to restore the licences.( I did it and It did not fix the problem)

- Go to Playstation Settings
- Select account Management
- Select Restore licenses and then restore
- Once done, then restart your console to apply the changes

I do not know what I can do now ....

** Maybe It needs to be patched?

** Can someone try to create a new golfer and change the name to see if he is able to change the name with good letters and not with strange characters ?

** I would like to have an answer by a ea team it would be nice. @EA_Barry

Thank you

I Need your help thank you !

Message 1 of 6 (1,444 Views)

Community Manager

@Hilfiiger

It is possible your account had been compromised at some point. Resetting your Security Question (via one of our advisors) is advised.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a post Answers your question please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Thank you for sharing your gaming expertise with your fellow players!
Message 2 of 6 (1,387 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am not sure I fully understand your point since I did not connect with my security question ?

But I will try to reset the question and then I suppose I have to sign out my account and then reconnect to the game right?

To be honest, I doubt this is the problem but not cost to try... I will...

Message 3 of 6 (1,353 Views)

Community Manager

@Hilfiiger

Please reset your security question as follows if you know the question and answer:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/how-do-i-change-my-security-question-and-answer/

If you have forgotten your security question/answer, we need you to contact an Advisor for help with resetting that.

Click the following link to get started: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

For help with contacting an Advisor, please see this link: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-to-contact-an-Advisor-via-EA-Help/td-p/5650100

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a post Answers your question please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Thank you for sharing your gaming expertise with your fellow players!
Message 4 of 6 (1,348 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry

Hello Barry,

I did all you asked me to do but i can confirm that I still have the same problem.

As I said I did not understand your point of the security question was related to my problem but i did it and no change for me.

I dont know what to do Frown I think I try all I could do.... Frown

Message 5 of 6 (1,327 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I had the same problem all you have to do is to go back in and delete the Chinese or Japanese and enter your name again is what I did. Unfortunately I found this out after I had already created a golfer and was in to my career and now I can't fix it. 

Message 6 of 6 (733 Views)

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help