Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Does H2H play end after the online services shutdown?

by Player_3d8i09vk

Original Post

Re: Does H2H play end after the online services shutdown?

★★★★ Novice
It's on the EA Online Services Update page.

https://www.ea.com/service-updates/2018
Message 11 of 17 (1,646 Views)

★★★★ Novice
So are we going to be reimbursed? I bought the game with intent to play multiplayer, not just offline mode. Or is that of no concern to Ea? I much much rather pay $30 for an update to content. Which would be a way better business model then what EA has done with this game and many other games. Wouldn't it be way smarter for Ea to be open and discuss with the consumer what type business plan is best for both sides? Instead of having to scrap such a good game again and again. And when I say good game I mean the graphics and no load time between holes, everything else was poorly put together, and felt like a quick money grab. Im Just saying this business model ruined tiger woods and now looks like it killed the Rory too, Golf isn't a game that should be released every year, but sure feels like that was the intention for this game until the numbers were too low and criticism too high. I know this post was a little all over the place, but im just another frustrated consumer trying to figure out why good games like this tank and have to have it servers shut down before a new title is even released. Im Willing to help in any way I can, just feels like EA is too big to care about us consumers
Message 12 of 17 (1,540 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Most of the whining about Rory seems more about disappointment that it ended and that it could have been so much more.   The game is nothing short of fantastic in so many ways, even if disappointment comes from what it could have been.  I would happily pay for a few more choice courses and a few more players.  I'd happily pay $25 for Augusta alone if done as well as the rest of the courses in Rory.   I agree w/ the sentiment coming out w/ a completely new title every year is likely a business model source of why EA decided to stop development.   What they should consider doing is release a new core engine every 5y, commensurate w/ substantial changes in hardware processing power,  and sell content for 5 years for each core release.   Skip single player endorsement (ie, Tiger/Rory) but absolutely stick w/ PGA Tour.  Each 5y release gets a batch of the latest players, etc. Keeps everything fresh, there's no need to make a whole new product every year.   This is kind of what happened w/ Microsoft Flight Simulator--massive 3rd party content development was spawned w/ this business model.  it's now owned by Lockheed Martin, as Prepar3D.  EA did a fantastic job w/ Rory's core engine it is very sad to hear of development stopping there.  As a core that could EASILY last 5y or more--it only lacks add on content to buy.  Hello?  EA?

Message 13 of 17 (1,511 Views)

Community Manager

@Player_3d8i09vk@pghking724@wilde_sie@PeaceMaker8686

Apologies for the delay, I am still waiting on confirmation on the status of the game after May 22nd.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a post Answers your question please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Thank you for sharing your gaming expertise with your fellow players!
Message 14 of 17 (1,472 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thanks Barry, standing by!
Message 15 of 17 (1,466 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I understand this could be an issue with the license holder (aka the PGA Tour) but not allowing a digitally purchased game to be re-downloaded is a terrible business practice and should be reversed.
If I buy a physical copy before the 22nd can I download all of the DLC play it in offline mode?
Message 16 of 17 (1,415 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am a member of EA and have been playing Rory for some time now.

I now get the message that I need the disk to play it - the question is, if I go and buy the disk will I still be able to play the game (on my own, not multiplayer)?

The reason for the question is, when the game used to start it would say "connecting to EA Servers". If the servers are not available anymore, what will happen?

Thanks

Message 17 of 17 (1,300 Views)

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help