Re: Update initial impressions

by 34975634954957

Original Post

Update initial impressions

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Thanks for the detailed notes on the update. Looking good, will give feedback properly after a few plays.

Couple of observations from just reading the notes:

1) The new AI modes look interesting. But please never never add AI backfill to PVP. The PVZ BFN team did this and it completed killed the game for me and others. If player base is down, please give the game away for free rather than do this and lose many of your existing players. Not saying you are planning this move but just checking this isn't a slippery slope!!

2) interesting idea of adjusting bot strength when players quit. Wonder if this can be applied to PvP. So if a player quits the remaining players get a small buff. Would certainly reduce frustration for me. In fact being super powered if someone quits could be very fun.

Message 1 of 4 (713 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @34975634954957,

Thanks for your feedback! Standard smile 

I'm also curious about what you think after having played a bit more since the last update. Anything I should pass on to the team? 

- Leeloo 

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 4 (654 Views)

★★ Pro

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately since the update I have found severe framerate issues on PS4 which have left the game unplayable for me. So I have stopped playing which is annoying given there is a new blast pass and all.

I am hoping this is what the Rocket Arena team is talking about fixing on their Twitter and that a patch comes out asap.

I raised this in the Technical Issues forum by no reply.

Message 3 of 4 (635 Views)

★★ Pro

Well, looks like they fixed the issues. Good on em.

So like:

- new character balanced and fun to play

- extra challenges to complete for faster blast pass progression is amazing

- matchmaking seems ok, hopefully this means more people coming to the game

Don't like:

- default Play Now to Play with AI? Why?? PVP is where this game is at. That should be the default. If anything that will divert new players from the real fun.

Message 4 of 4 (612 Views)