Re: Tips for beginners.

by EA_Leeloo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Tips for beginners.

★★ Pro

Hello everyone, I recently started playing the game, and I liked it, but I wanted to know some tips for characters that are easier for beginners, from now on, thank you very much.

Message 1 of 10 (52,461 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Pro

Hello and welcome!

I think it is worth trying a variety of characters. They are all strong played the right way.

For a beginner I would maybe recommend Amphora, as if you are still working on your aim her special abilities are powerful and don't rely on good aim so you can still get some knockouts.

Also Plink and Rev are good as they have faster firing smaller rockets so again more forgiving for the odd miss.

Finally, Mysteen always a good choice. If Plink and Rev are the SMGs of the game then Mysteens primary is the Assault Rifle. Still decent fully automatic fire rate with good damage. Unlike Amphoras primary which cannot be used as a fully automatic weapon. Also, Mysteen's specials don't rely at all on good aim.

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (52,446 Views)

All Replies

★★ Pro

Hello and welcome!

I think it is worth trying a variety of characters. They are all strong played the right way.

For a beginner I would maybe recommend Amphora, as if you are still working on your aim her special abilities are powerful and don't rely on good aim so you can still get some knockouts.

Also Plink and Rev are good as they have faster firing smaller rockets so again more forgiving for the odd miss.

Finally, Mysteen always a good choice. If Plink and Rev are the SMGs of the game then Mysteens primary is the Assault Rifle. Still decent fully automatic fire rate with good damage. Unlike Amphoras primary which cannot be used as a fully automatic weapon. Also, Mysteen's specials don't rely at all on good aim.

Message 2 of 10 (52,447 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

One more thing, it is good to figure out a couple of combos if you can.

I recommend running Crystal Crown with Amphora. This reduces cool down for her secondary (short range homing bombs) when you use her special (big watery attack thing).

So the combo is to fully charge her primary and hold it. When close to enemy release it and hit them. Then release the secondary homing bombs. Then do the special water attack. Within a couple of seconds thanks to Crystal Crown the bombs are ready again to all but finish them off. Use extra damage artifacts make sure.

I use that all the time. Try to work out other combos for other characters that work for you.

Message 3 of 10 (52,444 Views)

★★ Pro

Oh and final tip... Of course leading your shots in this game is more important than most games as many rockets travel comparatively slow.

Problem is that enemies can move around in all directions but if they are in the air they are more likely to be falling.

As a general rule, if not sure where to aim then I find aiming for their feet general works best. Of course depends on their exact distance and projectile speed but I find aiming for feet fairly reliable as a default strategy.

Message 4 of 10 (52,442 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Ok, thank you very much, as a PVZ player I decided to try another hero shooter, in case I came across the rocket arena, I just loved its style, but different from PVZ with easier and more intuitive characters, this game has a more difficult arcenal , one of the few characters that i managed to understand a little bit was leef his mechanics was the one that i understood the most, due to him having no problem with limited bullets, and for having a very intuitive dodge, i will take a look at the characters and the combinations that you recommended me.

Message 5 of 10 (52,428 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I thought I recognized your name from the PVZ forums! It's a shame BFN didn't get the player base to keep the updates going but this game is holding on. I hope they find ways to give it a long life. The Devs deserve it for producing an original and fun game.

Message 6 of 10 (52,414 Views)

★★ Pro
@34975634954957 Yes I agree
Message 7 of 10 (52,407 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@34975634954957 Those are amazing tips, thanks so much for sharing! Standard smile

@gametrieuk Have loads of fun with Rocket Arena! I hope you'll enjoy it as much as PvZ! Large smile

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 10 (52,000 Views)

★★ Pro
@EA_Leeloo Thanks
Message 9 of 10 (51,904 Views)

★★ Novice

Best tip I can give is, get used to jump using L1/LB button. It so much better to jump without having to taking off you thumb from the right analog stick

Message 10 of 10 (46,076 Views)