Rocket ball is not fun

by ttvNootnamed

Original Post

Rocket ball is not fun

★★★★★ Novice

I understand the need to have variety in the game, but I really dislike playing Rocket Ball, and that is me putting it as nicely as I can. I want to keep playing this game, but Rocket Ball by itself makes me not want to. I actually just Alt+F4'd because I saw that the mode was Rocket Ball, and then I came back to find I had a temporary ban (maybe like 10 minutes), and there's no way to queue up with real players without taking a risk of playing Rocket Ball. There should really be an option to queue up for specific game modes, because I imagine that other people probably feel the same about other modes and want to play only specific modes, just like I do. 

Also, one major improvement that could be made to Rocket Ball is removing the ability to throw the ball. It's already hard enough to kill a person before they reach the goal, but giving the ball holder the ability to throw the ball from a mile away into the goal just makes it too ridiculously easy to score.

Message 1 of 3 (813 Views)

Re: Rocket ball is not fun

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Yeah I'm always a bit disappointed when rocket ball comes up. 

The simplest fix is to make blast ball the permanent mode where the ball explodes if you hold it too long. That was way more fun.

What i would also like though is not to disband lobbies after every match and have a next mode vote (choose between two mode and map combinations, as rocket ball is worse on some maps than others).

Message 2 of 3 (778 Views)

Re: Rocket ball is not fun

★★ Novice

I really like rocket ball, I think beside Knockout, it's my second favorite! But I wish we could select queue by tipe of game. Sometimes i want to only play knockout for example

Message 3 of 3 (658 Views)