My 3.0 Update Review (it's not good)

by kapkarrot

Original Post

My 3.0 Update Review (it's not good)

★★★★★ Guide

Yesterday, I was more excited for this game than I have been since launch.  However, any excitement I had for this game quickly dissipated.  Here are some general thoughts on the update:

- As I previously mentioned, the PvE portion of the game is broken.  This was my favorite part of the game, and now I don't enjoy it.  At all.  I honestly believe the PvP is easier.  At least I know when I'm getting wrecked; I don't even know what's happening in Bot matches.  Speaking of PvP...

- Ranked should have been back by now.  With all of the new players through Playstation Plus and XBox Live/EA Play, this would have been the best time to bring it back.  Now that opportunity is squandered.

- The Blast Pass is only 50 levels!  And almost half of the rewards are emotes.  I like the new emote system, but too much of the Blast Pass is dedicated to it.

- No new maps.  No new playlists.  Except for the new character, this is season (so far) is bare on content.

- The new artifacts are, to be blunt, mediocre.  There are just too many better alternatives.

- Gant looks great!  And from what I can see, his skill set looks good, too.  But it's a race to pick him in PvP, and the aimbots in PvE destroy him.

I don't enjoy the current state of the game, and and most of that opinion formed overnight.  I am a little concerned about the future of the game.  I had hoped that the new players were a big enough boost, but I am afraid that was a fool's hope.  I want there to be future seasons, but not if they are like this.

Message 1 of 5 (1,198 Views)

Re: My 3.0 Update Review (it's not good)

★★★ Newbie

i got the same opinion. Something went wrong with the bot-skills. Please fix it very very fast.

Message 2 of 5 (1,147 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@kapkarrotand @BenScho1112 
Yep I agree too... had some great fun with the bots previously and honestly not so great now....
Mega Rocket is almost impossible.
If I wanted to sweat and have no fun Id go into the pvp.

Blast Pass... is short... although tbh if this is the way its going to be at least its short to finish as I bought it before realising I wasn't going to have as much fun.
BP content not terribly exciting but hey its only 450 rocket fuel now...
that said the BP Rocket Fuel reward is almost a third of what it was... used to be about 1500 and now its 650 I think (maybe 750) so if you were hoping that after saving previously you might be able to afford a legendary skin this time round your hopes are dashed (even at the cheaper prices).

So yeah bit disappointing sadly.... I have been playing since the beginning too but not sure about the future now.

PS @kapkarrot  Hope you are keeping safe. well and happy Standard smile Heart

Message 3 of 5 (1,107 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@asabaidaThanks! I hope you are, too.

Maybe they could add some PvZ costumes to the game!  Standard smile

Message 4 of 5 (1,096 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@kapkarrot the only thing I dislike the PvE, they are way too overpowered which I started play few days ago, its hardly win, even with real players in my team, we all getting pwned
Message 5 of 5 (1,051 Views)