Just got the game

by exiledrose

Original Post

Just got the game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I got to say this game is great & don't get why it's not more popular so far I have been having a blast with the game. Though I have noticed I am mostly playing with bots/AI most of the time only time I have ran into people was in player vs AI mode. For the most part I hit Arena I don't find a match I hit playnow & get thrown into a random match filled with bots. So I am wondering when is the best time to play with actual players? 

Also i haven't seen any of the other modes besides knock out & eh the capture the rocket game mode. I would like to try out the other modes so wondering how do you do that? or is the private game mode the only option to get to play the other modes at the moment?

Anyway I got to say so far I have been enjoying the game & wish it was more popular. I mean for 5 dollars you get a fun multiplayer game & yeah there is microtransactions but it's only for cosmetics & I see nothing wrong with that lol. 

Though for the battle pass I kind of would like to see a bit more stuff for players that don't purchase the battlepass it would probably give players more incentive to stick around a bit in my opinion. 

Other way I am hoping that this game somehow turns around because this game kind of deserves it in my opinion. 

Edit: for the Play Now button throwing you into a game of AI's I love that idea it will keep the game playable into the future at least. Most games or developers don't do that. Once the game is dead it's dead so I appreciate the ability to continue playing with AI when no one else is around. I mean yeah I complained about not being able to find players but I do love the idea of bots filling in if you can't find people. 

Though I would seriously like to see maybe a Offline AI mode so when servers ever shutdown you can continue playing this game & it would make the game stand out from other games like this. 

Message 1 of 5 (829 Views)

Re: Just got the game

★★ Pro

Glad you are enjoying the game. I too think it is awesome and deserves more attention.

It is weird how Play Now defaults to play with AI, I think that just causes more confusion and wish they would change it.

I always select Social and Arena which is exclusively PVP. This should be the default imho. Game modes in Arena are Knockout, mega rocket (capture the rocket), the coin game (mind gone blank on the actual name of that mode!) and the less good Rocket Ball. Modes and maps are chosen at random each game.

In the UK/Europe sometimes I can struggle to get a game but evenings are generally ok. Sometimes a bit of a wait at first so I always have my phone handy to pass a few minutes, but when you get on a roll it is match after match with no issues. Just luck i guess. When you have a session with fast matches which does happen most times, it is a blast.

Message 2 of 5 (808 Views)

★★ Pro

Also, did you turn on crossplay? It helps a lot to get matches.

Message 3 of 5 (807 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@34975634954957 I can see why they would make play now button use player vs AI you don't have to wait to find a lobby since you only play with AI lol.

Then oh OK so you pretty much have to get lucky to play somethings else other then knockout & megarocket. I think finding matches for the other modes should be increased so you always don't ger knockout or mega rocket

Ah OK makes sense

Then yep I have cosplay on but not finding anyone outside of player vs AI lol. Even then it's usually only like one person.
Message 4 of 5 (796 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I finally got a match on arena. I found a match did better then my teamates only one killing the enemy team so we lost. Then second match get partied up with the same people as last match lose to the same people again but this time did badly while my teamates did good go figure lol. 

So yeah playing this game against other people is truly something else lol. 

Message 5 of 5 (770 Views)